IGNORED

Atari help with tape drive

walterg74

Hi, I have an atari 130 XE, and an XEGS, and two XC12 drives.

I have some games I wanted to test, mostly to sell because I don't really care for them and I purchased a MyIDE II.

Anyway, seems neither of the tape drives work, and I suspect it could be the belts, but I can't seem to find any listings for replacements?

I know probably it's me not looking correctly, but can someone point me in the right direction..?

Alternate to belt which should work, one of those cassette adaptors with 3.5mm stereo plug which allows feeding aux audio into car tape players.

They used to be a bit pricey like 30 bucks but I got one for about 3 bucks since they're prettymuch unwanted items.

Alternate to belt which should work, one of those cassette adaptors with 3.5mm stereo plug which allows feeding aux audio into car tape players.

They used to be a bit pricey like 30 bucks but I got one for about 3 bucks since they're prettymuch unwanted items.

That is good for playing / recording .wav files with a Windows machine, but it is of no use when attempting to read real tapes in a real drive.

Thanks, but the whole point is to test some games I have on tape.