IGNORED

Nintendo Wii BUYING GUIDE & Best Games

Metal Jesus

KacyDaGameNerd & Metal Jesus show you everything a new Nintendo Wii console buyer needs to know: hardware variations, accessories, 3rd party add-ons, rare or unusual games and some fun game recommendations for Day 1 Purchase!

GAMES SHOWN:
Cyberbike
My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold
Wii Fit
Wii Sports
Punch-Out!!
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Wii RECOMMENDED GAMES:
Spyborgs
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Kirby’s Return to Dreamland
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Mario Ware: Smooth Moves
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Boom Blox Bash Party
Mario Kart Wii
ExciteBots: Trick Racing
What other games would you recommend to first time Nintendo Wii collectors?
  • Like 5

Awesome buyer's guide once again! I think the only thing you really missed hardware wise was the Nyko Perfect Shot accessory, which is leaps and bounds ahead of Nintendo's zapper grip offering and pretty much the undisputed best light gun conversion grip available for the Wii remote. Other than that, top notch video! I suppose the Mad Catz Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii Arcade FightStick could have been in there as well, since the Wii recognizes it as a Classic Controller and it's great for both fighting games and retro offerings from the Virtual Console and Homebrew Channel, but that probably wouldn't be a "must have" item for many Wii owners.

As far as recommended Day 1 pickups go, aside from Ōkami (and the Homebrew Channel to emulate just about every 8 and 16-bit system known to both man and woman) I think you already covered all the ones I would have recommended in your Hidden Gems videos. Great stuff as always!

Edited by Jin

From memory (and not in the hidden gems vids):

Ultimate shooting collection (including Karous)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (trilogy)

Monster Hunter Tri

Archer Mcleans Mercury Revolution

Heinz Wolffs Gravity

Vertigo

Bomberman Land

Epic Mickey

Smash Brothers Brawl (which also had the advantage of being a method of installing the HBC)

FYI Believe it's about 3TB of drive space these days unless you add the GC stuff too.

Edited by Welshworrier

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I released a new Wii Hidden Gems video today, so I figured I'd update this thread. Eight more games you might wanna check out on Wii (or the Wii U since it support them in HD!)

Games shown:

Pandora's Tower

Generator Rex: Agent of Providence
Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
Gormiti: The Lords of Nature!
Shiren the Wanderer
Roogoo: Twisted Towers
Calling
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicle is the best light gun (style) game ever.

Dead Space: Extraction is a great gun game as well.

Metroid Prime: Corruption was my favorite game of the generation, and by far my favorite 3d Metroid game.

Order Up was surprisingly fun.

• Like 1

Awesome new video! Being a pretty avid Wii collector I was already familiar with most of the games showcased today, but Roogoo: Twisted Towers was totally new to me and looks like a blast to play! I'll definitely have to pick up a copy of that one.

Still not sure about Calling though, the critics all universally slammed that one so I've been hesitant to track down a copy. I know Reggie loves it though and that's probably a good indicator that a horror game is worth playing, so who knows, I'll grab a copy if I stumble on one for $5 or so. :)