IGNORED

Is F'Web the easiest way to make an Extended Basic autoLOAD menu?

ceratophyllum

I have a lot of game cartridges on disk. Most of them are supposed to be EA 5 loaded and I have been customizing FunnelWeb to use them on NanoPEB. I've tried a few games and they seem to load ok, except for DigDug which crashes if you get killed or complete the first level.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there is something better/simpler than the F'Web CONFIGURE menu. (I think I've deleted most of the bits that are not needed just to have a menu and the capability to load EA5 PROGRAMs.)

I know there are already lots of cool multicarts full of games; making things easier to find on my nanoPEB is just for fun. :)

post-28728-0-05787200-1461336539_thumb.png

atari.dsk

• Like 1

My suggestion {is} BOOT for a standard TI. If you have an F18A the 9640 Menu System is best. Both of those are even better if you have an XB2.7s cartridge.

If you are using a Super Cart, Quikload is awesome as well as it'll even do E/A3's.

I have F18A installed but I don't have Geneve 9640. (I've never seen one of those before. The Kmarts around here never carried them, LOL.) Can the menu system work on a regular TI, Extended Basic, PEB w/32KB (or nanoPEB). If it can, where can I find it?

What's BOOT?

How are you mounting the different disks?

I use CFMGR to browse the volume list and insert/remove volumes into DSK1-3. Funnelweb "DiskReview" to browse and launch the disk contents. CFMGR is not so good at loading EA5 games, often there is no text or a lot of graphics corruption. Launching from Disk review works a bit better.

There are some good XB-based loaders out there that can be easily edited. You'll often find them on the cartridge disks.

Can you point me to one of these disk images? I often get this when I start up with one of them in DSK1. I think I might have messed it up by shuffling things around or copying to CF7 400KB image. The games load in F'web diskreview, just LOAD is broken.

post-28728-0-72362500-1461505563_thumb.png

GAMESDSK3.dsk

I have F18A installed but I don't have Geneve 9640. (I've never seen one of those before. The Kmarts around here never carried them, LOL.) Can the menu system work on a regular TI, Extended Basic, PEB w/32KB (or nanoPEB). If it can, where can I find it?

What's BOOT?

The 'original' BOOT is a 40 column menu system. It is quite handy. The 9640 MENU program is 80 columns only, for F18A or 9938/58 use only.

I use CFMGR to browse the volume list and insert/remove volumes into DSK1-3. Funnelweb "DiskReview" to browse and launch the disk contents. CFMGR is not so good at loading EA5 games, often there is no text or a lot of graphics corruption. Launching from Disk review works a bit better.

When you change the volumn in CFMGR, what happens when you reset the computer? Does it retain that volume number? The documentation for the CF7+ says CALL MOUNT saves the volumes so they are restored when you restart the TI. Does CFMGR do the same?

I don't have an example of the loader at my disposal right now. The one I am thinking of has the TI logo and a flashing "GPL Interpreter Simulation" as part of the menu display. It is an Extended BASIC program with embedded assemble support.

I wrote a loader program in xbasic using Barry Boone's ea5 loader routine that catalogs the disk, lists the protected files only (I had no other way to figure out what was ea5 so you just protect the first file of the ea5 games) and then lists them 1,2,3,4,5 and you select it to load..

Attached it's a TIfile not a txt.. just wouldn't let me upload it as just load

Greg

LOAD.TXT

• Like 2

Again RXB a simple LOAD program from RXB 2015 E

CALL EAPGM("DSK5.FUNNELWEB") ! or just press 5 at RXB menu prompt

or

CALL EAPGM("SCS2.FW.FNW")

Also RXB has built in CATALOG in both XB and the EA section as both are built into RXB unlike everyone else's XB cart that are not integrated.

Again RXB a simple LOAD program from RXB 2015 E

CALL EAPGM("DSK5.FUNNELWEB") ! or just press 5 at RXB menu prompt

or

CALL EAPGM("SCS2.FW.FNW")

Also RXB has built in CATALOG in both XB and the EA section as both are built into RXB unlike everyone else's XB cart that are not integrated.

Unfortunately not everyone has RXB yet.. I'll keep making them tho people can order theirs on my site :)

• Like 1