IGNORED

Video Game Heaven

Well, a while back there was a thread called "Video Game Hell" in which we discussed the horrendous in what could happen in relation to video games or gaming. Let's do the opposite and discuss what would happen if there was a "Video Game Heaven".

In Video Game Heaven none of your consoles fall apart and malfunction. No faulty on/off switch on Colecovisions, no red ring of death on the Xbox 360, no bent 72 connector pins on the NES front loader, etc.

• Like 2

Well, a while back there was a thread called "Video Game Hell" in which we discussed the horrendous in what could happen in relation to video games or gaming. Let's do the opposite and discuss what would happen if there was a "Video Game Heaven".

In Video Game Heaven none of your consoles fall apart and malfunction. No faulty on/off switch on Colecovisions, no red ring of death on the Xbox 360, no bent 72 connector pins on the NES front loader, etc.

Hi Keith (and the rest),

Would say when Ebay sellers stop selling games and consoles at outrageous prices! So many on there I want. But too pricey!!! :|

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi Keith (and the rest),

Would say when Ebay sellers stop selling games and consoles at outrageous prices! So many on there I want. But too pricey!!! :|

Anthony...

Probably wouldn't change prices very much if at all because there are many other non-electronic items that were mass produced that commands top dollar.

Bally Arcade/Computer System/Astrocade systems live forever.

There are no such things as yellowing or "cord melt."

There is a steady pool of people willing and eager to play 4-player Atari and Astrocade games (or even 2-player). Bonus: they are attractive women.

I have space in my house to display my entire collection, and it is *glorious.*

My basement is waterproofed, finished, and equipped with a full bar, Gorgar and Orbiter 1 pinballs, and Wizard of Wor, Gorf, Galaga, Ms. Pac-man, Space Invaders, and Asteroids cabarets. And Breakout, Tank II, Starship 1, Gunfight, and Sprint 1. And a Computer Space. And there's a Vectrex on the bar.

The woodgrain on woody Atari Video Computer Systems doesn't rub off.

There's a new find waiting for you every time you hit up the thrifts. A good one, too. Not necessarily something you were looking for, but you're glad to have found it.

Ebay speculators are banished to Video Game Hell. :-D

Paddles don't jitter.

System updates are not a thing.

Sega is still in the hardware business.

• Like 1

In video game heaven Nintendo does away with their North American, European, Japanese, and Australian branches and starts releasing all their hardware and games in every region simultaneously.

In video game heaven all game publishers who wish to release a digitial download game are first required to publish the game on a physical cartridge or disc, complete with case, artwork, and a full color paper instruction manual no less than 20 pages long.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

"No region lock."

Seconded. On top of that: In video game heaven, companies release their full libraries across all regions (having more than one translated game/rom in the collection, as well as games in languages I do not speak/read).

In video game heaven, lag doesn't exist, whether it is input lag, or connection lag.

Your CRTs look great with no burn in?

In video game heaven, your controllers don't break, or wear out.

• Like 2

Instead of full libraries for translation, how about universal translator that works great? Stick a translator module in your console and the game cart in the module, it'll automatically translate anything in game to your desired language. (yes including Klingon, Latin, even sign language picture-in-picture style like some live news have)

Edited by 7800fan

In videogame heaven, anyone who sees your collection is properly impressed. No more confused stares and trying to explain why a bunch of old electronics are a good and worthwhile thing.

There are no replacement game cases in videogame heaven, because you don't need them- nothing breaks. Every Sega CD is in a lovely pristine case with intact hinges and the foam insert in place.

There is a steady pool of people willing and eager to play 4-player Atari and Astrocade games (or even 2-player). Bonus: they are attractive women.

Eh- can I have a run of Chris Hemsworth lookalikes instead?

Well hmm how about arcade machines were all mandated to be restored by government policy with a huge funding and NASA staff required to fix them before taking a trip to space.

When making new systems all manufactures should cater to the buyer and do it for a reasonable amount. Yes I would like my Ps4 to play all PlayStation games as well as Atari Jaguar, NES, and Genesis.

Re manufacture old games that people want so we can flood the market with 1,000,000,000 copies of Bonk's adventure on NES or Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn.

Sounds like a nice place to dream of to me.

• Like 1

Decent arcade game that costs only 25 cents to play, no limit. Not like today's arcade that costs $1 to start, requires extra money to change awful music, extra money to unlock specific moves, extra money to change from garish bright orange and blue scheme, extra money to play beyond the first 15 seconds. I want 25 cents no bullshit one game that can be played nonstop for an hour or 2.

• Like 2