IGNORED

CX55 - I Couldn't Help Myself

sramirez2008

hey why not. I am looking for one with box for a decent price so I can have a complete 5200 collection

I picked mine up (NIB) from Best Electronics. I shipped them another pair of CX52's for refurbishment and decided to pull the trigger on the CX55, as well.

I bought one as well, but geez, owning a 5200 and using the adapter to play 2600 pacman when you can play 5200 pacman is sacrilege! I preferred when Atari showed the adapter being used to play Atari video cube. Made more sense.

We also have the Colecovision & Intellivision 2600 adapter units. Weren't there rumors of a Vic-20 or Commoddore 64 adapter as well?

I bought one as well, but geez, owning a 5200 and using the adapter to play 2600 pacman when you can play 5200 pacman is sacrilege! I preferred when Atari showed the adapter being used to play Atari video cube. Made more sense.

We also have the Colecovision & Intellivision 2600 adapter units. Weren't there rumors of a Vic-20 or Commoddore 64 adapter as well?

That would have been neat. Growing up, I never had an Atari, but did own a C64. I would have loved to have an adapter for my C64.

Don't beat yourself up Talneharus. Before I purchased this one from Best, I found 2 in the wild and neither one worked. Again, I didn't need it, but wanted it for my collection.

-Still need to work on updating that picture. :dunce:

I wish Atari would've made Colecovision and Intellivision adapters for the 5200 in the same vein just to spite both companies. They totally could've pulled it off with the Colecovision since that was basically all off-the-shelf parts. That would've totally been a selling point for the 5200 as well.

Hi,

I have one also, but it does not work with my 2-port 5200 that has the AV mod from Electronic Sentimentalizes. Looking at the 5200 service manual and the CX-55 service manual, the composite video from the CX-55 come out on Pin 24 of the cart connector and audio on pin 31 (or 30 don't remember) so i can try running those along with a ground to separate jacks or install a DPDT switch and using the exiting jacks for when the CX-55 is installed or using regular 5200 carts.

I have not tried it yet so i am hoping the video and audio levels are correct to feed right out to my TV composite input and analog audio input. Both channels of the audio are tied together in the CX-55 so to get stereo out you have to open up CX-55 and cut trace or pull pins and run the 2rd channel to used (?) pins on the CX-55 edge connector.

Has anyone tried this before? I found an Ebay listing from AtariGuy1021 that modified the CX-55 as a standalone with its own output jack but said also works in a 5200. Waiting to hear back. Ill post my results once i get to doing the mod.