IGNORED

Yesterdays News

sparkdrummer

I've been checking out some this cool stuff you're posting, and was wondering about TI Runner from last year's August issue.

Is that really the original levels from back in the day? Man, are they hard! You'd think it would start out with a few easy levels to get used to the game, like Star Runner.

1 hour ago, sparkdrummer said:

I would have to check the dsks I uploaded but I’m pretty sure that was indeed the original game data file. Do you have an editor/ assembler cartridge to run df/80 files? If so I can help you out by uploading a TI-Runner cheat file. 

I figured out how to run the cheat program already... it makes the escape ladder appear a few seconds into a level.

Looking at the TI Runner Editor documentation, it seems the file TI Runner is looking for is called "LEVEL28".

Using TIDir, I exported this file and another file called "ORIGINAL" which I'll assume is the original levels for the game. Checked them with a hashing program and they are different!

So I renamed ORIGINAL to LEVEL28 and put it back on the disk. Ran TI Runner and the beginning level now looks the same as Star Runner's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for another great newsletter! I really enjoy the disk of the month's convenient menus and fun game selections. Wondering how you made the main menu's red disk-man logo? 

I found part of the Eunice Spooner TI LOGO video here: 

Also noticed the cartoon TI-Man on the last page of this newsletter has his head plugged into his...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...