IGNORED

"Modding" a UK/PAL ColecoVision to accept AV-RCA connection

dmcdream

Hi folks,

I've seen a UK/PAL ColecoVision for sale, which I’m considering purchasing.

The option of “modding” a UK/PAL CV seems like a good idea to me. From the demonstrations I've seen, picture and sound quality are clearly improved.

Unfortunately however, I don't have the skills or technical ability to install a Composite Mod Kit. I’m also impeded by a slight disability in my left hand at the moment (possible Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.)

If I do get this CV console, would there be someone willing to install a good quality AV-RCA mod kit in to it for me? I would of course pay for all the associated costs with doing this.

I appreciate this is quite a big ask, however I would be very grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you all very soon.

Kind Regards,
Allan.

post-46368-0-24750800-1461619481_thumb.jpg

post-46368-0-11388100-1461619489_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how many people actually look in the programming forum except for people programming the games. You might want to put it straight in the coleco forum.

I know in the US there is Yurkie but that will cost a lot of money shipping unless maybe you don't ship the brick plug to save some weight. I know there are people in Europe that have modded their systems not sure if they are helping others or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure how many people actually look in the programming forum except for people programming the games. You might want to put it straight in the coleco forum.

I know in the US there is Yurkie but that will cost a lot of money shipping unless maybe you don't ship the brick plug to save some weight. I know there are people in Europe that have modded their systems not sure if they are helping others or not.

As far as I'm aware yurkie no longer ships outside of the US. :(

your best bet then is to find a good electronics guy in your area and give him the info on how to fix things from threads in the colecovision forums. He should be able to fix your system if he is a good electronics guy. Of course unless it is a friend or family he might charge a lot. Wouldn't hurt to look around and ask though.