IGNORED

Unique 5200 controllers you might like

ave1

Hey guys, thought I'd show you some flight yokes, gamepads, and a very unique way to play 5200 Q-bert (along with a number of other great games). Here you go:

All of this would not be possible without bohoki's PC Gameport to 5200 adapter and the Masterplay Clone of atariguy1021. Thanks much for making the world of Atari a brave new world that's very much worth exploring with a good assortment of controllers :)

• Like 4

neato realize i didnt invent the adapter i just made them cheaply and with minor improvements on the pc connector jump pins 4 and 5 cause there are some oddball joysticks that use pin 4 instead of 5 and the start button which is just a cheap button connecting the 5200 pins 4 and 7

them games look neat with you playing them i cant tell if there is a bit if lag because of the lcd tv upscaling or just youtube

lately ive been having fun with a more modern system the n64 but i might make a couple more adapters if i can shrug off my lazy

• Like 1

Glad you liked the video. Hope you can keep making the adapters- they provide for some cool gameplay options.

When I watch it on my phone here within the forums, there is a bit of disconnect between the video and the audio (lagging audio). It's not like that when watching it on Youtube.

I'm surprised you didn't try one of the yoke controllers with Star Wars the Arcade Game. Had Atari Inc not cancelled the 5200, Dan Kramer was in the process of building 5200 yoke and driving controllers based upon Atari Coin's own arcade controllers.

I doubt Buck Rogers is even programmed to take advantage of an analog stick. Its movements appear to be standard 8-way digital joystick movements.

And the one adapter I want to see for the 5200 is one that allows you to plug in Jaguar JagPads. So long as the specific games do not utilize analog joysticks, that's pretty much the perfect controller for the majority of 5200 games [not counting Trak-Ball supporting games too].

Edited by Lynxpro

Lynxpro- I will probably give the flightyoke a bit of coverage in my upcoming Star Wars games video (which will include the 5200 Star Wars Arcade game :)

Buck Rogers was being controlled with PS1 flightstick (set to digital) with signals being sent through a Tototek PS1 to Genesis controller adapter (which has only digital signals being sent through). I will check in the next few days with an analog controller to see if the game might be somewhat analog-capable.

A Jaguar gamepad would be nice... iirc, I think I once saw a Youtube video with a demonstration of one that works.

• Like 1