IGNORED

New Game by Orion

KidGameR186496

Looks like Orion already answered the question:

KGRAMR unfortunately, it's not a question of demand, it's a question of feasibility. It won't be possible to have this game running at decent speed on the Jaguar, there is too much graphic layers to be displayed, not enough RAM, and the transparency of magical effects won't be possible on Jaguar as it doesn't fully support alpha blending.

• Like 1

Looks like Orion already answered the question:

KGRAMR unfortunately, it's not a question of demand, it's a question of feasibility. It won't be possible to have this game running at decent speed on the Jaguar, there is too much graphic layers to be displayed, not enough RAM, and the transparency of magical effects won't be possible on Jaguar as it doesn't fully support alpha blending.

oh that's a bummer :( but it's understandable at least. Edited by KidGameR186496

Hey everyone look at this,looks like a really cool RPG,would you love to see this game ported to the Jaguar CD?

Orion posted this in the YouTube comments:

+KGRAMR unfortunately, it's not a question of demand, it's a question of feasibility. It won't be possible to have this game running at decent speed on the Jaguar, there is too much graphic layers to be displayed, not enough RAM, and the transparency of magical effects won't be possible on Jaguar as it doesn't fully support alpha blending.

• Like 1

it's not just alpha blending, it's also graphic layers. For Alice I had 2 layers of 32x32 tiles and even with the blitter, I got 30 fps

on this RPG I have 3 layers of 16x16 tiles + dialog text, etc..., it would barely run at 15 fps

and I think the 2Mbytes of memory would be too short for double buffered 3 graphic layers + all gfx assets and sfx

In the end, this RPG will take about 1 year of fulltime work, I can't go for another 6 months to 1 year of redoing an RPG just for the Jaguar, sorry

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 3

it's not just alpha blending, it's also graphic layers. For Alice I had 2 layers of 32x32 tiles and even with the blitter, I got 30 fps

on this RPG I have 3 layers of 16x16 tiles + dialog text, etc..., it would barely run at 15 fps

and I think the 2Mbytes of memory would be too short for double buffered 3 graphic layers + all gfx assets and sfx

In the end, this RPG will take about 1 year of fulltime work, I can't go for another 6 months to 1 year of redoing an RPG just for the Jaguar, sorry

Completely understandable. = ) It still looks cools for the platforms it'll be available for.

• Like 2

It's understandable,it would have been too much for the jaguar and you :)

Will you post here when it's done? I also have a Dreamcast, but only regularly check AtariAge.

Thanks!

• Like 3

Why not? That's a fraction of the development cycle for most Jaguar games?

And, it would be automatically one of the top 2 RPG's on the system!! ;)

I know you say no Orion... but if there's any chance this becomes a YES... please let me know also.

Why not just cut SFX down some like screen door the transparency instead of alpha blending?

Gee I didn't think the Jaguar was that hard pressed for parallax, 3 layers is a lot huh?

If the memory for the game is that large there isn't anything one can do to increase that 2MB other than cutting things out. :|

Does it have to double buffer, would it get that unstable visually without it? I guess that is a dumb question with the lack of video memory.

I'm not pressing you for a port but I am curious about the bottlenecks. :)