IGNORED

Microsoft is getting Ballsy!

Shift838

Hi,

maybe you want to remove this Win10-update-stuff and some more nosy telemetry-"updates" with my small batch.

(I did it for my non-domain-customers, for a quicker handling)

WUPD-SPY-Cleaner-v1.18b.zip

Just start it from any folder on your harddisk (WIN7/8/8.1)

On entering "Y" on the 1st prompt, the Batch ONLY shows the KBs which are "bad"

(not the installed ones, just all known KB-numbers) - hint -> If you have more KB-numbers for me :)

A small LOG-file is written to C:\LOGs\, but you can follow on screen.

If nessecary, it asks to reboot at the end, but you can stop that

(pause-function at the end, just press CTRL-C or just X the batch...)

But if a reboot is recommended, it is mandatory, of course. So, close&save your work before :)

xXx

• Like 3

Can not wait for Microsoft to do a update and REBOOT and kills a bunch of people so they can be sued for million on millions.

All because they want to just shove updates down everyone's throats with no User Friendly Control of these updates!

• Like 1

Yes, and with totally observing the user, and seizing their private data into the(ir) "safe cloud" uuuuahhaha

And cheating the user with hidden "hints", to get their "confirmation", to take the data over. Never. No thx.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

...small update, some optimizations, and KB3035583 will be hidden from the MS-Updates via a small VB-Srcipt now

(Nevertheless, M$ lets it reappear next time maybe)

Just extract the 2 files into any folder (i.e. C:\Batches) and start the BATch.

xXx

EDIT: UPDATED

WUPD-SPY-Cleaner-v1.19d.zip

• Like 1

...small update, some optimizations, and KB3035583 will be hidden from the MS-Updates via a small VB-Srcipt now

(Nevertheless, M$ lets it reappear next time maybe)

Just extract the 2 files into any folder (i.e. C:\Batches) and start the BATch.

xXx

attachicon.gifWUPD-SPY-Cleaner-v1.19b.zip

Or see www.grc.com/never10.htm.

"Never10 does NOT prevent the installation of Windows updates, including

the infamous Get Windows 10 (GWX) update KB3035583. Never10 simply

employs Microsoft's documented and sanctioned configuration settings to

instruct it NOT to change the installed version of Windows."

I've run it on a couple of PCs and seems to do the job.

• Like 3

Steve Gibson is the man.

• Like 3

Yes, but the world was not enough for me, Stuart :)

In my batch there are more "patches" than the KB3035583 uninstalled.

Also all the Win-10-preparing updates will be removed, and all concerning,

as a not-WIN10-prepared machine will be harder to start the update on by Microsoft

in the case they want to do other tricks in future. But just a hope, no promis, of course :)

But I think they cannot immediatly update a machine that misses this preparations and checks.

In addition, some more location-tracking-"updates" can be removed (MS also calls them "stability updates" uuuah)

You maybe remember the last moths, when your AA-Messenger popped up with this

"Your Friend-XY has changed his location on the AA-worldmap to bla" (or so)

This was the point where this friend-XY installed this updates, and from then on

was and is (nearly) trackable concerning his global position.

And the 2 standard (also well-known) MS-modifications against Windows10 are done to the registry

(you can see the xxx-V1.2.REG-file after the Batch ran, or inside the Batch, where it creates it)

This stuff is good for non-domain-machines, where I don´t have pushed GPO´s.

If you press Y at the start fof the Batch all the KB-numbers are shwon. (Next version with more text :) )

If enter N (standard) at the 2nd question, each update-removal (with text-hint) will be asked for

if it should ger uninstalled or not.

no risk no fun :)

xXx

I have installed Windows 10 on about 20 computers so far.

I have a very negative view of Windows 10 as right now I am using it.

On my Mac Pro right now any reboot will make the Time be off by 9 hours unless I manually fix it or log in as Administrator.

Standard User Accounts think the TIME in the Bios is a Virus so thus will not update on the Web (restricted) and assumes the time is wrong even with no internet access. (This makes me think Windows 10 is crap!)

I have Windows 10 installed on 2 of the 4 ONE TB drives on my computer. (OS X and Ubuntu on the other two drives.)

Boot into one Windows 10 drives and it says the OTHER Windows 10 drive needs to be formatted?

So reboot into that other drive and guess what it says? (The other Windows 10 drive needs to be formatted?)

Window 7 and OS X and Ubuntu see both Windows 10 drives and I can read them fine, but Windows 10 refuses to see the other Windows 10 drives? (Windows 10 is a peice of CRAP!)

Do you want a link from Microsoft as to the thousands of people that have the same issues with Windows 10?

How about the number of systems crashed from updates or lost data from overwritten drivers that then crash the computer and brick the system into a Black Screen of Death with no Cursor?

Anyone that says Windows 10 is today still not a BETA TEST is a liar!

I do not want to even get into attempting to look at a picture or movie or that shit web browser EDGE!

• Like 1

I just use GWX Control Panel and never sweat it. It monitors for all of the sneaky tricks to bypass my wishes to remain unmolested.

Yes, but only as far as Microsoft lets us control it, I think. M$ is at least 3 steps ahead on any GWX-Control,

as this is only a re-action on Microsoft´s (published or recognized) actions and behave.

And I am sure they are preparing much more than we can imagine, and they are 100% admins on our machines,

due to the Win-Updates-Service(s) and more, what we don´t know.

In my opinion these are just marketing m0r0ns, not knowing what they do, and to whom they do this. Only $$$.

For example, if you press the "X" on the normal Win10-Update-panel today, Win10 will be installed !

They just have changed it to a negative meaning, after decades. Over night.

This is ethically 100% incorrect, this is dishonest, this is cheating, and people doing this cannot be "partners".

These are enemies I have to fight against, if I want or not, because they are in my living room.

They may destroy my machine, my data, and my work.

So I must observe them like I would observe criminals. common sense.

All of our customers and many other people I know have stopped & disabled the updateservices due to this fact :(

It is a big argument from them to say "the biggest danger to our systems and daily work now is Windows- (or MS-)Updates.

And there were many update-crashes, and software and tools were uninstalled by the Win10-Auto-installation.

Not talking about capturing the customers data. This is the next issue, baiting non-domain-people into the cloud,

and later more, for sure.

Some of the customers are thinking about a migration to Linux, but they know that this would be a very hard

and expensive change.

• Like 1

If Apple and the Linux crowd would get their shit together, this could be an opportunity to start winning over people who want to hop off the Microsoft Express to Disaster. Nope. Not going to happen any time soon that I can see.

Ubuntu was supposed to be the savior, THE distribution that moved people off Windows and made it so non-technical people can use Linux. And yet, in my experience of running Ubuntu desktop (and server, for that matter) there are still so many functions that require the use of the terminal. Not to mention the number of ridiculous bugs I have had to work around. Even the graphical update mechanism fails to get all of the available updates. It just is not there, yet.

I could go on about hardware incompatibility, but even in Windows World at least one OEM is warning users to not upgrade to Windows 10.

Of course it gets more fun. I finally decided that I need to move off my Core2Quad system and get something with a lot more horsepower for virtualization and video manipulation. I am looking at a sixth-generation i7 system. But, alas, there are no drivers for Windows 7 for the storage subsystem. Oh, there are some tricks to make it work, but I cannot be guaranteed that I I will be able to run Windows 7 on what is planned to be my new workstation. I could stick with a fifth-generation, but the pricing balance is too close. I suppose I could install Windows 10 and just use Hyper-V to run what I really need to run.

WTFE.

Yes, I realize that GWX-CP vs GSX is a cat-and-mouse game, but up to now I have not had to update it to prevent Windows 10 drama, and then I do not see that any different than any other fight against malware or viruses. NO, I am absolutely not saying that Windows 10 is a virus or malware, but GWX is and Microsoft's approach to forcing Windows 10 is at the very least unethical. I cannot tell you how many customers running stand-alone networks have had Windows 10 just install on them breaking every thing, causing lost business and productivity as they cannot work, and costing them additionally to pay me to fix. Even in a domain environment where I have pushed out the settings to prevent this disaster I found I also had to put in a policy to prevent the components from running.

But realistically, strip away the data and telemetry collection (much of which you cannot turn off,) and get rid of those useless Windows Apps (at least for business the majority of them are useless) and Windows 10 is actually a fairly good OS. But, like any other red-blooded American I prefer to have a choice in the matter.

Big FU to Microsoft over this one.

• Like 3

Big FU to Microsoft over this one.

Yep! Makes you just love the old TI-99/4A even more eh? No auto-magical voodoo type updates, no big brother spying, not having 10,000 different support operations running in the background slowing things down, no crashes, no need for maintenance software, and much more fun to use!

Which reminds me... how is everyone doing getting ready for the TI only weekend?

• Like 1

Yep! Makes you just love the old TI-99/4A even more eh? No auto-magical voodoo type updates, no big brother spying, not having 10,000 different support operations running in the background slowing things down, no crashes, no need for maintenance software, and much more fun to use!

Which reminds me... how is everyone doing getting ready for the TI only weekend?

Well, I do have to be fair here. Many of those support tasks are part of the system and necessary, though the abundance of DRM-related tasks, data collection, and so on do unnecessarily take up processing time.

My TI crashes plenty for various reasons (remember my issues with the Myarc EXP-1 and the WHT SCSI,) and in my experience with Windows the massive majority of crashes are caused by shitty drivers, almost always from third-party OEMs.

It reminds me of a few things which are solely related to third-party vendors:

1) The 4GB limit on 32-bit Windows is caused directly by bad drivers which could not handle addressing above the 4GB memory barrier when using PAE (36-bit addressing designed to relocate 4GB RAM under the PCI address space into memory above the 4GB barrier, and allowing for additional memory in motherboards which support it.) A large majority of the crash reports sent to Microsoft directly implicated drivers. As of SP2 (I believe) of Windows XP, Microsoft removed extended addressing support.

2) QuickBooks 2014 is not officially supported in a Windows 10 environment. The latest release download will, however, install and run on Windows 10. BUT if already installed when upgraded to Windows 10 it will not work. Reverting back to Windows 7 does not fix it, and removing and reinstalling QuickBooks will not fix. Why? QuickBooks has been dependent upon Internet Explorer going back several versions (in fact, when IE 10 came out we had problems,) and the "upgrade" to Windows 10 changes much of the Internet Explorer architecture to a point that QuickBooks barfs.

3) Intel driver upgrade for the ESRT2 (Enhanced Server RAID Technology) completely bricked 2012R2 servers, including some of my Hyper-V machines.

And on and on.

• Like 2

yes Old CS1, you are totally right. For me, I am doing computing for 35+ years know, and as business for about 30 years now.

I think you and many people here around are on a similar or much higher level (ha ha, the TI-99 pushed us all) :)

My "problem" is that I started with DOS, then Windows, Novell Netware 2, 3, 4 ,5, then WinNT351-Server, NT4 a.s.o.

For me, this was so much stuff in my head and work in my profession, that there never was a place for Linux.

And isn´t today. Sadly (!)

I gave some trys to Linux in the last years, but I have to say my head is blocking something at this point.

I think it was Ubuntu, a distribution that was easy to install and so, nice desktop and all, really good feeling,

but at a point there was a small problem for me every time I installed it, where I was not able to solve an easy thing,

what was just 2 or 3 klicks away in Windows (for me). Yes, MY problem, my "skill" :) of course

But I got so frustrated that there was absolutely no chance to go on.

Maybe we can compare Linux a bit with the "free world", where everybody is allowed to do almost what he wants.

And they do it. And the result is a type of confusion (if you are NOT "naturally born" into the system).

Watch out what happens in the "free world". Bad.

I think, the "Win or Linux"-question is a little bit kind of religion, maybe we can compare that.

Another problem is that ALL my customers think that Linux is for free. Yes, it almost is, but someone has to take

the time to install and maintain it :) Of course. But if they think that I work for free because it is (time-eating) Linux now,

so I must tell them stories why NOT to use it. Another big barrier against Linux.

My latest plan was just to "test" Linux again, but this can only be for me, for private,

as my skills, due to decades of work on Windows, will not help me. And my brain is blocking somehow :dunce:

My big hope now is, that Windows 10 is just another "cripple" like Windows ME and Vista,

and that the people at MS get fired, and a good OS will follow forther on, without hijacking.

But what do you want to make better than on Win7 ? yes, I know the "Online-possibilties" of Win10,

but maybe there is my next barrier :) But I am the customer, and I am not alone with that meaning (I hope)

and Microsoft has to respect that not to loose me.

Windows 2000 as successor of WinME was good, and Windows-7 as successor of Vista was great

(yes, the best Win I think too, Omega)

So there is a small hope :) But only very small. Progress is so fast, and I am "standing on the break"

And I am happy that I am not the only person on this planet, thinking in this direction :)

thanks

♫♪ loosing my religion ♪♫ :)

• Like 1

My advice for people pondering to use Linux:

• You do have some experience with computers, most likely with Windows, which is helpful. But do not try to forcefully map your existing knowledge on the new operating system. You're looking for the registry - there is none. Instead, you have separate configuration files. You are looking for drives - there are no drive letters. Things are indeed different, you will certainly have to learn again. Learning is not a bad thing.
  • The available Linux distributions are not so far apart as it seems. In most cases, applications run with little or no change in all distributions. The changes are usually related to missing support libraries. The installers are clever enough to find those libraries, so there is little work for you. Let's say, in most cases.
  • Ubuntu is one of many Linux distributions, and in my view not the best suited one for beginners. I cannot really explain why the whole world praises Ubuntu so much. I am a long-term openSUSE user, and except for some rare occasions, was very happy with it and still am. In particular, I'd always prefer KDE to other desktops like Gnome or Unity, and I'd recommend it to Windows users. YaST, the system management tool, has much in common with the system configuration in Windows; I really enjoy YaST, which is often cited by some people as the actual reason why they avoid openSUSE, but when asking you get answers like "tried it 10 years ago, messed up my configuration". Things do change.
  • There is no commitment to a distribution. Since most runtime configuration happens within your home directory (which is somewhat comparable to the Users folder in Windows), you can simply do a backup of it, reinstall the whole operating system underneath, and play back the backup. I guess many people tend to think that once they got their distribution running, there is no way to switch to another one, so this choice must be very, very carefully done, but this is not the case. Since there is no system-wide registry, there is no trouble with setting up a system from scratch. The only things worth saving are the system configuration files, but in many cases they will be correctly created on the next install without a need for the old files.
  • Despite the common image, Linux is not a system to be run from the command line. I'm doing a lot of clicking and mouse operations here. On the other hand, the command line (shell) is one of the most useful tools ever. I could not go without. My typical first actions when the desktop comes up: Click on Firefox, click on Thunderbird, click on Kaffeine (media player), open a shell. Using the shell is far away from the old MS-DOS command line times. I often hear people saying they want to avoid the shell, but the shell is actually making some jobs more efficient than any graphical operation could ever be, so it's not "must use" but "may use".
  • It has never been easier to try if you have some free space on your hard disk. Just install a Virtual Machine environment like VirtualBox. Within, you'll have the chance to set up a new (virtual) PC. Don't like it? Just delete it again. Nothing on your system will be affected.
  • Like 3

I find these days plain 'ol Debian is pretty user-friendly. That definitely didn't used to be true, but a lot has changed. Ubuntu isn't necessarily an "easier Debian". It's just a different Debianish system with a bunch of custom software that may or may not be useful to you. Eh, so they include proprietary drivers by default, big deal? You can get Debian builds done that way too, and aside from just a couple of questions someone should tell you how to answer, the rest is much the same as installing Windows. Except actually easier. ;)

• Like 1