IGNORED

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is on GOG for $5

Steam has some nice Star Wars sales right now too. Question - I haven't used Steam a lot over the years and am looking at a couple of these Star Wars games since they're so cheap right now like Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Can I play Steam games without an internet connection? I have an older desktop XP system that I would hook up to download the games but normally I don't have that computer hooked up to the internet and was wondering if that would be a problem to play the games.

Edited by AtariLeaf

You can run Steam in offline mode.

Most of the Star Wars games are better on GOG, because they are a little newer and tweaked for modern systems. Jedi Knight in particular runs better. TIE Fighter has the 1995 DOS CD version which has MIDI sound and SVGA untextured graphics. They include all the printed extras. They have Rebellion.

Steam has the modern version of KOTOR 2 (with high res, controller support, and mods) and the just released Rogue Squadron runs a little better there last I checked.

Thanks I see GOG has both games I'm looking for at the same price so I'll give them a try instead.

Forget what I just said about TIE Fighter! This was posted today.

Hi Star Wars fans!

In honor of Star Wars Day tomorrow, we're happy to announce that the CD-ROM Collector's Editions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter are now available! So if you own either game already, you now own the respective Collector's Edition too. (You may need to restart Steam and/or download the latest update for the title for it all to work properly). We also pushed out patches that should address issues some users have been having running X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, and Galactic Battlegrounds on Win10.

We love all these games as much as you do. We're committed to making our great catalog of Star Wars, Lucas adventure, and Disney/Pixar titles available and running smoothly everywhere our fans are.

May the Fourth Be With You!

- The Disney Big Picture Team

Awesome, forgot about Star Wars sales going on today...

Also this is one of my favorite Star Wars games ever made (besides maybe Tie Fighter), looks a little clunky these days but what a blast to play:

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_jedi_knight_dark_forces_ii

I've never played it or it's predecessor. They fell in a gap in college where I really wasn't playing video games all that much, and when I did, it was on the Playstation. Maybe someday.

I've never played it or it's predecessor. They fell in a gap in college where I really wasn't playing video games all that much, and when I did, it was on the Playstation. Maybe someday.

The original was kind of awful in my opinion, some people liked it but I just didn't. I stayed away from II until someone convinced me and it turned out to be a lot better almost like a totally different game.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

LOL, you'll never go back. It's 20 years now. It's not going to look better anytime soon! :-D

The original was kind of awful in my opinion, some people liked it but I just didn't. I stayed away from II until someone convinced me and it turned out to be a lot better almost like a totally different game.

I LOVED Dark Forces, which was like Doom but more Star Warsey and a tiny bit more cerebral. I'm just now getting back into Jedi Knight, on a simple little laptop that runs it better than my Windows 10 machine.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, you'll never go back. It's 20 years now. It's not going to look better anytime soon! :-D

What website are you visiting Flojo? This place is full of dummies like me who go back all the time. I just haven't gotten to Dark Forces (yet). I'll have plenty of time after I "win the lottery" "write my novel" "learn Spanish" "compose a symphony" "see the Browns win the Superbowl!"

What website are you visiting Flojo? This place is full of dummies like me who go back all the time. I just haven't gotten to Dark Forces (yet). I'll have plenty of time after I "win the lottery" "write my novel" "learn Spanish" "compose a symphony" "see the Browns win the Superbowl!"

Mine are "become disabled" and "become incarcerated in white-collar prison that still allows me to play games." Hey, it could happen ...and my scenarios scenarios are more likely than yours. :-/

• Like 1