IGNORED

OFFICIAL - D2K Arcade Special Edition Release Information

Will this release be in a newly printed box or will have a yellow "special edition" sticker applied?

Is there actually and new gameplay levels/screens? It was a little unclear. Or was just the playing order altered.

Thanks!

Ill order a copy.

Will this release be in a newly printed box or will have a yellow "special edition" sticker applied?

Is there actually and new gameplay levels/screens? It was a little unclear. Or was just the playing order altered.

Thanks!

Ill order a copy.

there are new levels. If you click on his link and looked at the game it shows some of the new levels. Edited by pimpmaul69

I might sit this one out. The premium copies sound cool with the new levels, clear cart shell with new label, new overlays, new manual, and a sweet poster; however a new box would be a big bonus for collectors to differentiate on display. I realize a new box print would be costly, though. Either way, those are way out of my price range. Limited as they are, I get that these aren't for everyone.

The $100 level only offers new levels, new cart label and new manual. Same box, same overlays. It might be good for someone who missed out on the original D2K release that's no longer available at its original price of ~$70, but still a hefty premium for a slight upgrade with mostly original components.

Not trying to talk anyone out of this, I'm just weighing in.

Yeah ... this. I bought the special edition of Carol for $100 back in the day and that was a brand new game with new materials, etc. $100+ for new levels with same box and materials does seem a bit much.

There's only so many versions of Donkey Kong that I need, and I've started being a lot more selective about how many (and which) homebrews that I buy.

Good luck with the sales, and it's a shame to hear that Carl is leaving the scene. We are losing a great talent.

• Like 2

D2K SE game 1 will be the entire Jupman Returns levels programmed by Carl Mueler, Jr. They are same screens as the unofficial arcade game. That means some different screens than included on D2K Arcade. And the "how high can you get? " screen will be replaced as well. Game 2 will be from the original D2K Arcade (cartidge will not include DK Arcade).

The Original Post says there are new screens and D2K Arcade is included as a bonus. Sorry I did not post any screen shots in the original post. I can no longer edit the first post so I will post them here.

post-34424-0-42605500-1462465454_thumb.gifpost-34424-0-92579800-1462465454_thumb.gifpost-34424-0-48421300-1462465455_thumb.gifpost-34424-0-98235800-1462465455_thumb.gif

The box and overlays are part of the materials I purchased from Classic Game Publisher's. The box will include two stickers that states Special Edition. One on the front and one on the display spine.

There will only be 200 copies with a serial number sticker, 1 of 200, 2 of 200, 3 of 200 etc. There are only 119 left with the sticker.

This is a limited edition as there are no more materials left to make any more. There will be no more new D2K or D2Kse games made after this as Elektronite and Classic Game Publishers, Inc. are not prone to print any more boxes for it and I will not be printing any.

Yes, some of the low serial numbers (20 and below) were sold as pre-orders to get this project started. Thank you to those that pre-purchased back in December and January, you have waited a long time for this. They will receive the D2Kse overlays and a poster along with anyone else that buys the 8 copies that are left under 20.

So, there was a special private message thread were selected people were invited to pre-order? Unfortunately, I was not included and I don't intend to visit your site tomorrow and hit update every five seconds to get one of these special editions. And, frankly, I don't care for high numbers that are "left-overs" for the foot soldiers to acquire now for... $100 a piece. Hope, you will sell out and Carl gets his pension funded.

• Like 3

So, there was a special private message thread were selected people were invited to pre-order? Unfortunately, I was not included and I don't intend to visit your site tomorrow and hit update every five seconds to get one of these special editions. And, frankly, I don't care for high numbers that are "left-overs" for the foot soldiers to acquire now for... $100 a piece. Hope, you will sell out and Carl gets his pension funded.

I actually did contact you on Dec 22 for the very purpose of pre-ordering this title. You responded and I filled you in on the details and you did not respond after that.

Its a very interessting question: Does Carl get any money from this release? It would be a bummer if the answer is no.

Yes, Carl is being paid.

Not at all.

Cool, so here is the deal. Buy the game cartridge and post your high score in the new thread (yet to be made). Post your high score for d2k SE game, not the older d2k. At the end of July high score winner receives a Grips03 Intellivision Arcade controller. Winner needs to pay for shipping + 4% to cover paypal.com fees.

• Like 3

I remember the PM. I responded that I just couldn't afford it as a pre-order, and I stand by that. Plus, quite frankly, I was/am getting sick of Intellivision DK games.

I do think, however, that it would've been nice if the "pre-order people" could've received JUST a SE poster and clear shell. Hell, throw in a T-shirt too. But the SE overlays should have been printed for ALL purchasers of the game, including the $100 copies. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

The Original Post says there are new screens and D2K Arcade is included as a bonus. Sorry I did not post any screen shots in the original post. I can no longer edit the first post so I will post them here.

0001713_d2k-arcade-special-edition-serial-1.gif 0001714_d2k-arcade-special-edition-serial-1.gif 0001715_d2k-arcade-special-edition-serial-1.gif 0001716_d2k-arcade-special-edition-serial-1.gif

The box and overlays are part of the materials I purchased from Classic Game Publisher's. The box will include two stickers that states Special Edition. One on the front and one on the display spine.

There will only be 200 copies with a serial number sticker, 1 of 200, 2 of 200, 3 of 200 etc. There are only 119 left with the sticker.

This is a limited edition as there are no more materials left to make any more. There will be no more new D2K or D2Kse games made after this as Elektronite and Classic Game Publishers, Inc. are not prone to print any more boxes for it and I will not be printing any.

Yes, some of the low serial numbers (20 and below) were sold as pre-orders to get this project started. Thank you to those that pre-purchased back in December and January, you have waited a long time for this. They will receive the D2Kse overlays and a poster along with anyone else that buys the 8 copies that are left under 20.

Hmmm. Unless I'm mistaken I didn't receive a PM on this. That's too bad as I certainly would have liked to have helped with the pre purchase.

• Like 2

Hmmm. Unless I'm mistaken I didn't receive a PM on this. That's too bad as I certainly would have liked to have helped with the pre purchase.

Fascinating ... if I were trying to release an Intellivision game and wanted money to get it started, you would be the FIRST person that contacted!!! :-D

• Like 3

Fascinating ... if I were trying to release an Intellivision game and wanted money to get it started, you would be the FIRST person that contacted!!! :-D

:) As a general rule I try to help fund as many projects as I can as I like to see new games coming out for our system. Unfortunately I'm working Saturday morning and won't be able to be on at 10AM and therefore won't be getting one of the low number carts unless someone feels like buying one for me. (I'll pay them back, I swear!) :)

• Like 2

Well, I would open a thread and ask everyone if there is any interest, not just a group of privileged people. Its not the first and not the last "behind the scenes"-Thing, but I dont get the sense of this.

Edited by Ignorama