IGNORED

OFFICIAL - D2K Arcade Special Edition Release Information

Just curious: Was that a thing? Because I bought Ms. Pac-Man and I didn't know there was a recall due to a bug. :o

Curious as well, I heard nothing as well..

Yep! IIRC, the question of rectification wasn't really addressed as I never saw a formal recall either. Sought David out who reprogrammed my copy, but not sure who else got in on that or how the rest were handled. Judging by the Ms. Pac thread, the whole thing seemed to go largely unnoticed which I thought was extremely odd, but whatever. Such are the times we live in.

BTW: not sure David can help any longer either. When he released the Mystic Castle ROM, was told he no longer had a programmer, so couldn't make carts. Had to go out of country to get one made! :lol:

• Like 1

Yep! IIRC, the question of rectification wasn't really addressed as I never saw a formal recall either. Sought David out who reprogrammed my copy, but not sure who else got in on that or how the rest were handled. Judging by the Ms. Pac thread, the whole thing seemed to go largely unnoticed which I thought was extremely odd, but whatever. Such are the times we live in.

BTW: not sure David can help any longer either. When he released the Mystic Castle ROM, was told he no longer had a programmer, so couldn't make carts. Had to go out of country to get one made! :lol:

not that it much of an issue unless there a high score competition...but it would of been nice to have the option to fix.. all good though.. :)

not that it much of an issue unless there a high score competition...but it would of been nice to have the option to fix.. all good though.. :)

Are you saying that score boards on games are only there for High Score competitions? I think a scoring bug in a game in which the only way of tracking advancement is via score, is indeed much of an issue. That's just me, though.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Are you saying that score boards on games are only there for High Score competitions? I think a scoring bug in a game in which the only way of tracking advancement is via score, is indeed much of an issue. That's just me, though.

Well , all I'm saying is if your want to beat your own high score the scoring bug doesn't really affect you.

Because all games you play are scored the same way in value of points attainable. If your going against someone that has that bug fixed

Then It's an unfair atvantage for you. Because you can only get a max number of points per level. While the fixed version can get more per level.

That's all I meant to say. Not that scoring boards are only there for High Score Comps. I don't see where you got that idea from my last post.

:)

I don't think so. If you think so go for it, but in my opinion it doesnt matter. The price is exorbitant. I mean we are already paying 70-75$ für Elektronite releases, because they ask for such a high price. They are already much more expensive than all the other games of other publishers. They are already "premium". Yeah its a gatefold box, but imo the quality of Revs releases is the same, if not better. What did Copter Command cost? 55? And there you got a patch and a metal copter if I am not wrong, at least early birds. So he realizes low prices and goodies.

Here we have a very high price and for what? Just a game. No bling bling, not even new boxes. Artworks were done, no costs on that. And that not even all people get new overlays is pretty cheeky. So if you want a real new game you have to pay at least 150$ and be quick. If you are willing to spend "just" 100$ you just get a recycled version of the game. In fact you only get a new cart and a new manual in a old box with old overlays. Its just way too much money for very little unique content.

Its no crying, because I accepted that I have to skip on some releases and I am fine with that. But its a unmistakable sign that the announcement post of a new game has ZERO (!) likes. I doubt that we had something like that before. I guess it will sell out anyway, but the reactions should hopefully let the people who made that price think about such actions in the future.

... which is why I haven't bought anything!

No PM pre order came to me some emails just 4 and 1 day before the exit.

Me too, I saw it as a game, with overlays (but only shelling out $ $ $ to buy a copy of the first 20 .... and how then? Sending 250 $ for the cat. 1 which then has already been sold, and maybe I'm the 18 who don't care about me??? MAH!!).

And that's why I brought it up.

I have seen in recent years, that to have a good collection updated, you have to cough up a lot of money ... a lot ... and I think it's time to make choices, even forced.

I'm not blaming anybody and anything, not criticizing anyone and anything, I just wanted to say my opinion.

Thank you.

You mean some of these games are sold without overlays?

..and still no likes for a game release ?!?!

I think they come with overlays, but it's the normal D2K overlays. There appear to have been some new ones made for D2K SE, but those were only for the first few copies.

Another Apple ][ nerd. Awesome! The MP3 card is coming out soon, do I wonder if an FPGA Intellivision card can come next? Then we could play DK2 the way I am sure it was meant to be played!

Out of hand, probably yes. And that is one reason why I think of "collecting" as a game. Never know what's going to pop up around the corner. I proceed at my own pace. Unregimented. Casual. Eliminates stress and the "gotta catch'em all" mentality. It is fun again, like going to Toys'R'Us in the 70's and 80's never knowing what you'll come home with! At the same time knowing I'll never have the whole store.

And this applies especially to my Apple II material as it does my emulation stuff. I just never know when I'll see an expansion card I might want. I just never know when I'll get an updated emulator or new ROM or disk image.. That's fun!

From what understand, the arcade hack of Jumpman Returns has 8 different stages and D2K Arcade already had 9 different stages.

Does the Jumpman Returns mode of D2K SE features 11 different stages, or is it limited to 8 different stages, in order to be more authentic to the arcade hack?

The D2K SE manual says that there are 10 stages total, between 2 adventures. Does not leave me optimistic that Jumpman Returns contains them all. :/