IGNORED

Price check SMS lot

Hey, that's great! GOOOOO PRICE GOUGERS!!!

Now look at all of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Master-System-Black-Console-NTSC-/222107733480?hash=item33b6a70de8:g:75MAAOSw1DtXKohU- $21.50 -WORKING

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Master-System-Black-Console-NTSC-/282014809969?hash=item41a9647f71:g:DnEAAOSw3mpXG~KN- $4 non working (plus $15 shipping from America's Hat)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROKEN-Sega-Master-System-Black-for-parts-only-/131750459659?hash=item1eacf0790b:g:mQoAAOSwUuFWy7MT- $21 - non-working

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Master-System-Black-Console-NTSC-For-parts-or-Repair-system-only-/222095952951?hash=item33b5f34c37:g:UJ8AAOSw2GlXEcD0- $22 non working

etc. etc.

There are literally hundreds of ended auctions for non working, untested, or confirmed working SMS consoles for $20 - $40

You cherry picked ones you thought helped make your point. Apparently you for got that you can sort them by Lowest Price + shipping.

Talk about cherry picking… c'mon now. Showing 3 out of 4 defective systems, especially when in post #5 you yourself said they're worthless? Of course they'd be cheaper! :ponder:

Went to a REAL physical sit down auction last year because I had seen they had some SMS gear as well as some other trinkets I'd be interested in. Damned auction house allowed internet bidders to participate. Guess what? One loose system went for something like $125, while the other boxed example went closer to $200. Just when you *think* you can get a better deal in such a scenario and with rusty/dusty/untested equipment, nope!

Oh and just remembered… before that, the local video game store had a SMS "on sale" for $75. Complete with a rip torn box even!

Anybody here willing to sell any of us a complete, working SMS for $25-$50? No? Didn't think so. ;)

• Like 1

You cherry picked ones you thought helped make your point. Apparently you for got that you can sort them by Lowest Price + shipping.

I did not cherry pick. I went right down the list. Sure I left out boxed ones that sold for more but I did not leave any lesser sold listings out. Click on the link I posted above or search "sega master system console". FYI every single auction you listed was for parts or not working, even that first one.

At then end of the day it matters little. I gave my opinion on what the lot is worth. If you disagree fine. People will pay what they want to. None of those listings were sold by me or purchased by me. As much as you want to blame people for reselling fact is when I see a lot for sale I look that shit up and see what market value is. I then buy and resell. The market was there BEFORE I buy to resell, just as the market was here before this thread was even made.

I did not cherry pick. I went right down the list. Sure I left out boxed ones that sold for more but I did not leave any lesser sold listings out. Click on the link I posted above or search "sega master system console". FYI every single auction you listed was for parts or not working, even that first one.

At then end of the day it matters little. I gave my opinion on what the lot is worth. If you disagree fine. People will pay what they want to. None of those listings were sold by me or purchased by me. As much as you want to blame people for reselling fact is when I see a lot for sale I look that shit up and see what market value is. I then buy and resell. The market was there BEFORE I buy to resell, just as the market was here before this thread was even made.

and the point is, Ebay Buy it Now prices aren't market value, and haven't been for a long time. They're insanely inflated.

This is like claiming that StubHub prices for Concert and sports tickets are Market value. Except those prices vary by the thousands, for the same event, in the same section. Same row even. Resellers are mostly scum who prey on obsessive compulsives who collect. It's kind of disgusting. and it ruined the hobby of playing retro video games for thouse of us who don't give a shit about CIB or "near-Mint" and just want to play the games.

• Like 1