IGNORED

New ColecoVision Games from Exidy?!?!

TPR

I was going to say when I opened your picture of facebook that was J-F. Looks like he got the rights to make exidy games. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I know who it is, was just surprised that it hadn't made it's way on these boards yet! I'm pretty psyched about this news! Maybe it means Rip Cord is coming soon?

Why would they buy the rights to LJN??? Have we learned nothing about Unnecessary Branding from the Retro VGS/Coleco Chameleon disaster?

I know Collectorvision has a track record of making quality games (no one has to worry about Retro VGS scams). So why would they associate themselves with such a toxic brand name? And if you say there is nothing left of the actual LJN, they are not buying any of the bad games and bad ideas of LJN. Then why associate your self with that toxic brand name? The only reason to associate with that brand name is to get attention. Which is the same reason RETRO VGS bought the Coleco brand name.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would they buy the rights to LJN??? Have we learned nothing about Unnecessary Branding from the Retro VGS/Coleco Chameleon disaster?

I know Collectorvision has a track record of making quality games (no one has to worry about Retro VGS scams). So why would they associate themselves with such a toxic brand name? And if you say there is nothing left of the actual LJN, they are not buying any of the bad games and bad ideas of LJN. Then why associate your self with that toxic brand name? The only reason to associate with that brand name is to get attention. Which is the same reason RETRO VGS bought the Coleco brand name.

Because we could and also cause we thought that would be funny as well :D

Would also like to get new toys made

• Like 3

Because we could and also cause we thought that would be funny as well :D

Would also like to get new toys made

Manipulating and misleading your customers is not a good idea. You should make it clear that you are not LJN, and LJN is not back. You should make it clear that you only bought the rights to the name and logo.

Tricking people into believing things that were not true is what plagued the Retro VGS/Chameleon. Don't think you will be delivering actual quality products, so its ok for you to manipulate your customers.

Manipulating and misleading your customers is not a good idea. You should make it clear that you are not LJN, and LJN is not back. You should make it clear that you only bought the rights to the name and logo.

Tricking people into believing things that were not true is what plagued the Retro VGS/Chameleon. Don't think you will be delivering actual quality products, so its ok for you to manipulate your customers.

I don't recall any claims at all, so how could people be misled? I think you're reading too much into this.

We're not trying to fool people

Besides, we made it clear by posting a message on our FB page

You're taking this too much seriously IMHO

It's all about fun, simple as that

Virgin Games was bought by Activision and no one gave a shit about it

This kind of thing happen all the time in every sphere of buisness

Anyway.....

Like I said, it's all about having fun

:)

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

I'm just wondering why you would hitch your wagon to THAT star. Acclaim and LJN were two of the worst video game publishers of the 1990s, and you want to embrace those brands? Like, willingly? Were T*HQ and Mythicon not available?

Look at it this way, at least those names are snatched up by someone who won't abuse it. It keeps it out of the hands of the con artists.

Plus, LJN and Acclaim had *some* good titles. Not everything was horrible.

Edited by LoTonah

I'm just wondering why you would hitch your wagon to THAT star. Acclaim and LJN were two of the worst video game publishers of the 1990s, and you want to embrace those brands? Like, willingly? Were T*HQ and Mythicon not available?

We seriously love those brands

Was huge fans of LJN wrestling figures

I also enjoyed a bunch of their games (Friday the 13th, Jaws, Maximum Carnage etc..)

Not all defunct companies names are available

In example, one of our first choice was Ultra Games

It's still protected

We're also planning to make a History Book out of those conpanies

Again, it's all about fun, that's it! :)

Edited by retroillucid

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the party on this but didn't the owner of Exidy's arcade properties release some of them into public domain some time ago?

Far as Ultra, wouldn't that still be owned by Konami or did they relinquish it after the NES & someone else picked it up??

Late to the party on this but didn't the owner of Exidy's arcade properties release some of them into public domain some time ago?

Far as Ultra, wouldn't that still be owned by Konami or did they relinquish it after the NES & someone else picked it up??

Yes, Mr Kaufman did put most of Exidy games into Public Domain (for non-commercial use only)

Nowadays, 2 entity got rights over Exidy games IPs

Although, CollectorVision still own the Exidy name/logo

As for Ultra Games, the Ultra name/logo is still protected by Konami

Look at it this way, at least those names are snatched up by someone who won't abuse it. It keeps it out of the hands of the con artists.

Plus, LJN and Acclaim had *some* good titles. Not everything was horrible.

What are they protecting (con artists) against? People making shitty LJN games, upholding LJN's reputation for making shitty games?

No one is saying LJN didn't make a few good games. Its somewhere between 95-99% shitty, and 1-5% good.

LJN didn't developped any games, LJN was a publisher

Yeah, the name was just for Acclaim getting around the 5 games per year per company rule for the NES just like Konami using the Ultra brand. Only game under the LJN banner worth a damn I recall was Spiderman - Maximum Carnage,

Yeah, the name was just for Acclaim getting around the 5 games per year per company rule for the NES just like Konami using the Ultra brand. Only game under the LJN banner worth a damn I recall was Spiderman - Maximum Carnage,

Not quite exactly like Ultra/Konami

Konami was really behind Ultra's games

While for LJN, different companies developped games for them

In example: RARE Games

BTW: Maximum Carnage is an awesome game IMO :)