IGNORED

Robbo 5200 [work in progress]

tdididit

it is work in progress video :) PAL code on NTSC machine.

still some minor bugs left to be fixed :)

PAL color values need to be converted to NTSC too - in some levels eyes bleeding

I need to add language picker - polish, hungarian, english, german. maybe russian but i still need to make a translation

Edited by tdididit

It is a port of first polish game published for Atari XL/XE

Well, it is an early Polish game, but there were several Polish games older than Robbo, published in as early as 1987.

tdididit, that's a great game to port to the 5200! Have you tried to contact Janusz Pelc, maybe he would give you the official approval to do the port.

To be honest, the English translation of the instructions in that movie is quite bad. I'm feeling I could improve it, PM me if you need my help.

For all folks who don't know what Robbo is, please read the comprehensive article on Wikipedia.

• Like 2

Before it happend, I will need buy 3D printer.

I have no other idea for cartridge housings, rest I have designed.

You will hate yourself, if you try that. I would suggest to have Albert sell it in the AA store. I can direct him to this thread, if you like.

• Like 1

Well, it is an early Polish game, but there were several Polish games older than Robbo, published in as early as 1987.

tdididit, that's a great game to port to the 5200! Have you tried to contact Janusz Pelc, maybe he would give you the official approval to do the port.

To be honest, the English translation of the instructions in that movie is quite bad. I'm feeling I could improve it, PM me if you need my help.

For all folks who don't know what Robbo is, please read the comprehensive article on Wikipedia.

I would contact the author if I could do it.

I will try to get permission of Janusz Pelc when 7800 version will be ready - but Avalon already made it open source.

For sure I will build two more titles on this engine - Robbo Forever and Alex (extended Robbo version from 1991 - few more items and enemy cratures)

I get also a request from polish community members to build my multi language version for XL/XE platform too

I know that english translation is bad, I made it in hurry (all code tooks 7 days of work) - my target was build it in hungarian only and it was only a test of my 5200 framework

If you like to fix the translation, feel free and do it. I will be able to focus on code ;)

You will hate yourself, if you try that. I would suggest to have Albert sell it in the AA store. I can direct him to this thread, if you like.

We will see :) I still need to write 5200 keypad handler - game is playable now, but "suicide" button still not work on real hardware :(

yesterday morning I made analog controller handler work and it made possible to show the game at QB Party game dev compo.

It was realy nice to see how people enjoy this 8-bit game :) Other 7 productions at the competition were typical windows games with overloaded graphics effects.

Second good thing is that 7800 version will be ready soon.

• Like 3