IGNORED

130XE Today at 8pm on Ebay... :(

doctor_x

If you're the one that swiped it with 1 second left then good on you but YOU SUCK!! Lol!!!! :)

Enjoy - it was beautiful and you got it for a good price even without a power supply...

Yeah I put in a bid for $125 at around 5-6 hours before it ended to test the water, and it immediately jumped up to $127, so someone was obviously using automated bidding. And then I had to leave with my wife, being that it was Mother's day, and of course when I got back it was gone. And as you pointed out, they did get it for a great price.

- Michael

Yeah I put in a bid for $125 at around 5-6 hours before it ended to test the water, and it immediately jumped up to $127, so someone was obviously using automated bidding. And then I had to leave with my wife, being that it was Mother's day, and of course when I got back it was gone. And as you pointed out, they did get it for a great price.

- Michael

What is a great price? >$127 ?

-Larry

What is a great price? >$127 ?

-Larry

It was a brand new never used 130XE which ended up going for $146. I consider this a good price when I see the same thing at $250 from B&C or $225 from Best. Of course the box was a little dinged up in a couple of spots, but overall in fairly good shape. The best deal I've gotten recently for nearly the same thing was about $40 less, and although it was in great shape, it wasn't as good as this one appeared be. And in both cases I'm talking about the total price including shipping (B&C or Best would still require extra for the shipping).

s-l500.jpg

- Michael

Edited by mytekcontrols

Yes, NITB for $146 is a great price. No details or links were given, so I presumed just another used 130XE.

-Larry

I think as Bruce (B&C) and Brad (Best) get a little bit older, it wouldn't surprise me if they want to get out of Atari sales and finally retire. When that happens, buying new stuff in the box will likely become even scarcer, unless the torch is passed on to someone else. So of course NITB units will get even more expensive.

I still have a distant memory of buying 5 brand new 600XL's in their boxes for a grand total of $125. But of course we are talking about 1990 ;).

- Michael

- Michael

• Like 2

- Michael

eBay has had proxy bidding as far back as I remember. I usually bid the most I'm willing to pay for an item and if I'm immediately outbid it's time to move on.

eBay has had proxy bidding as far back as I remember. I usually bid the most I'm willing to pay for an item and if I'm immediately outbid it's time to move on.

Yeah I hear you. To be truthful it wasn't like I really needed a 2nd 130XE anyway. Soon I'll have at least one of each one of the XL and XE series, which has been my goal. Because I design hardware add-on's it's nice to have something for real to look at, in order to see if there will be any problems.

- Michael