IGNORED

Street Fighter 2600 ?

Crimefighter

One half of me is saying, "Jesus Christ, why?"

The other half is saying, "I'm still gonna buy this when it comes out." :P :-D

Funniness aside, this looks like it could be impressive. The sprites look great. The Ryu and Ken stages look really good, but I'd say the others are distracting, clutter the screen, and don't look very clean. I get what the programmer is going for, though, and I understand this is an early WIP. But I appreciate that the Ryu and Ken backgrounds have just enough going on to tell you where you're supposed to be and leave it at that. (I also appreciate that the temple in the Ryu background looks like a stormtrooper helmet. :-D )

As far as gameplay goes, I enjoy Street Fighter I on the Commodore, so this type of game is--somehow--doable with an Atari joystick. In that game, special moves (and regular moves, for that matter) were performed by holding the fire button, moving the joystick in a direction or sequence of directions, and releasing the button. It's not ideal--I thought the keyboard would have made more sense--but it's functional.

This game *needs* to be 64K though.

They "managed" it on the C64...more or less - less more, more less

and look at the sheer amount of trolling it got on YouTube, from exceptionally clueless idiots... It shudders me to think what they'll do to the 2600 port, not understanding the machine's limitations.

sigh, we've finally hit that point, boys, where the young'uns past doesn't go back, that far.

This is truly impressive; there are few 2600 games with such large and complex sprites.

Did anyone else notice that Ken's projectiles look suspiciously like the Pac-Man ghosts turned sidewise?

This really needs AtariVox support for the voiceovers... :lust:

"YOU. WIN. PERFECT!"

I think the question then becomes, do you go for the stern martial arts master voice from the original SFII/Turbo/CE/whatever, or the excited surfer dude voice from SuperSFII/Turbo?

Or neither, and go for the standard horrifying '80s computer voice? :-D

I think the question then becomes, do you go for the stern martial arts master voice from the original SFII/Turbo/CE/whatever, or the excited surfer dude voice from SuperSFII/Turbo?

Or neither, and go for the standard horrifying '80s computer voice? :-D

Well, the AtariVox is meant to be retro so I don't think it can do much besides annoying 80s computer voice. You can accomplish a lot simply by changing the timbre and pitch.

• Like 1