IGNORED

What's been your experience with "atgames" paddles?

Atarian7

When I first got mine they were great. They were tight and made crisp change of direction. But within a month or two they got jumpy/jittery.

Also on one pair the second player's paddle wouldn't fire after about a month of usage.

I don't think I will be ordering any more paddles from them.

Not surprised to hear they might be junk. It is a modern Chinese production after all. ;)

But might be worth a look see inside to see what's going on. Rotary pot should be cleaned with DeOxit cleaner (Fader lube or D5 contact cleaner) but not sure about the switch. Could just need to be reseated, broken mount, wire broke or... ?

• Like 1

Just checked mine. Movement on all four paddles is still smooth, without any jitter; however, one of the buttons acts like its always pressed. Will have to open it up later and take a look. It'll be a while before I can get around to that though.

I still use the original AtGames joysticks, the ones that came with the Flashback 2. They've held up well. I bought a bunch later for use at the Houston Arcade Expo - something changed with the internals and I don't like how the new ones feel.

• Like 1

I still use the original AtGames joysticks, the ones that came with the Flashback 2. They've held up well. I bought a bunch later for use at the Houston Arcade Expo - something changed with the internals and I don't like how the new ones feel.

AtGames was involved with the Flashback from the 3 onward, so they're different designs, hence the difference in feel.

• Like 1

I've had some since 2014 and haven't noticed issues with degradation. I actually have 2 pairs and I notice sometimes one dial is a bit stiffer than the other, but it has remained consistent. Button works fine, and I gave them a real workout in Jan when I finally managed to beat the C64 version of Arkanoid. Played a lot of Pinball Spectacular with them too.

• Like 1

I got a set with a Flashback 6 Deluxe a year or so ago and they have been fantastic - rock solid. They are our go-to paddles for Circus Atari, the most-played paddle game at our house, followed by Kaboom.

In contrast, I have a set of vintage paddles that I took apart and cleaned the wipers in the pots... Those are playable but still jittery enough to make you miss. Also have a set of vintage paddles where I replaced the pots with new old stock from Best Electronics. They are better than the cleaned ones, but still a little fluttery - not perfect.

• Like 2