IGNORED

TRS80Model100: Portable diskdrive: Load/Save/Fromat disks in 100 Basic?

retrotron

Well hello there! New sucker for retro gear in the house :D

Anyways, trying to utilize the portable floppy drive that came with my model 100. I can't figure out how to access it. However, it seems like it (Mod 100) wants to write to cassette, regardless which of the internal programs (Basic, Addressbook, Writer, Scheduler) What are the Basic commands to access the disk drive? So far,I only found commands for tape operations. Any clues? :?

Edited by retrotron

Unfortunately, I don't have the utility disk, so this manual is kind of useless for me. But if somebody could supply me the program(s) converted to wav file(s) so I can load it up with an mp3/media player, that would be awesometastic. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any sites that provide vintage programs/games in audio format (wav,aiff,mp3,etc.) for download?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I don't have the utility disk, so this manual is kind of useless for me. But if somebody could supply me the program(s) converted to wav file(s) so I can load it up with an mp3/media player, that would be awesometastic. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any sites that provide vintage programs/games in audio format (wav,aiff,mp3,etc.) for download?

Also all you need is a null modem cable and you can use a program on a pc to send files down like the drive.. the best thing is to get a ts-dos rom or the REX flash rom which is what I'd recommend as well.