IGNORED

ForSale: Atari 800/XL/XE R-Time8 Replacement Cartridge

MacRorie

Folks,

Almost 7 *years* to the DAY #1 that it was originally requested and NINE months after I decided to try doing it, I am happy to announce that a replacement R-Time8 cartridge is available for purchase! I have learned A LOT. I learned how to make PCB schematics, how to use a 3D printer (and break it . . .), and I have learned how to find obsolete chips at decent prices. I have become too familiar with digi-key and jameco and mouser and . . .

Cost will be $35-$40 +SHIPPING This is $30+ cheaper than the original list price of ICD's R-Time 8!! Retro got CHEAPER OMG!
I will eventually be putting these up on eBay as well for higher prices

Cartridge Type #1: Complete Standalone

This version is a complete stand alone replacement for the ICD R-Time 8 Cartridge. It is 100% compatible with all drivers and software made for the R-Time 8. Thanks to DropCheck's SDX cart design (albeit slightly modified) this is a complete passthrough and works great AS DESIGNED. This means that if you have an original SDX cart, it goes in first. Then RT8, then language, etc cart. The cartridges are be BLACK HatchBox PLA. (The blue ones are prototyping only.) I think this is very sturdy material and has held up to multiple uses. It will, if dropped from a height onto concrete, break. But, then, so would the original.

Label is weatherproof adhesive and laser printed for longevity.
This features socketed batteries and chips for easy replacement. It also has the original beefy CR2430 (280 mAh) battery for a long life.

UNITED STATES PURCHASERS:
$40 + $10 shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee).

INTERNATIONAL PURCHASERS:
$40 + ACTUAL shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee). EMAIL ME FOR RATE, or go to http://www.usps.com/
PriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox.jpg<----Pick this box (Small Flat Rate Box). Don't blame me.

Cartridge Type #2: Drop-in replacement

This version is a complete DROP-IN replacement for the ICD R-Time 8 Cartridge. As with the first type, tt is 100% compatible with all drivers and software made for the R-Time 8. But, NOW, it is also PHYSICALLY the same. You will need an original ICD/FTe cart (even an SDX shell will work) and it works great AS DESIGNED. This means that if you have an original SDX cart, it goes in first. No cartridge is provided.

This features socketed batteries and chips for easy replacement. It also has the a smaller but still very long-lasting CR2032 (225 mAh) battery for a long life. These batteries are a little easier to find and, thus, a little cheaper.

$35 + $10 shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee).

$40 + ACTUAL shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee). EMAIL ME FOR RATE, or go to http://www.usps.com/

PriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox.jpg<----Pick this box (Small Flat Rate Box). Don't blame me.

Cartridge Type #3: BUILD YOUR OWN KIT

Some of you have asked for spare parts. I understand the need, but I also have ordered all of the parts with the intention of selling them as whole units. However, if you would like parts to just repair your original, then this is your option. YOU MUST SPECIFY WHICH KIT YOU WANT: stand alone or drop in replacement. Now, the quick ones out there might be saying, "But, Mac, wait one second, how come it's not any cheaper? You don't have to build them?" Well, yeah, but when I was figuring the price, I did not build in labor costs, so . . .deal?
STANDALONE: $40 + $10 shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee).
DROP-IN REPLACEMENT: $35 + $10 shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee).

STANDALONE: $40 + ACTUAL shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee). EMAIL ME FOR RATE, or go to http://www.usps.com/
DROP-IN VERSION: $35 + ACTUAL shipping (up to three carts can be shipped for one shipping fee). EMAIL ME FOR RATE, or go to http://www.usps.com/

OPTION (only available with STANDALONE VERSION ONLY (assembled or kit):

You may, at your option, pick a color for your case. If I can produce the case in PLA/ABS without too much failure rate, you can change the color for an additional $5.

BTW: These work PERFECTLY with the ULTIMATE! Cart version of SDX! They would also work with a 1MB AtariMax Version of SDX.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Pics & Links:

NOTA BENE: Cartridges use a modified version of Dropcheck's SDX Customs cart shell. Thank you for providing it. [Dropcheck: Your copy is going to be in the mail ASAP ;-)].

How to purchase:

Clicky: marlin4 (at) gmail (dot) com send me the appropriate payment. ANY PAYMENTS MADE THAT HAVE INCORRECT SHIPPING will be immediately returned.
BTW, that means I am paying the PayPal fee. If you are feeling generous, throw in another dollar or two.

(If the link does not work, PM me or "call" the BBS for the direct PayPal Link)) Sorry, I thought the link would make things easier. It has come to my attention that it just made them more difficult. SOOOO sorry. Paypal, unfortunatelt, seems to be a necessary E-vil (like FRU-its of the devil! Just send it to the email address above. Also, Please do NOT mark it as friends and family. Paypal gets cranky if you sell things and try and dodge their fee. I will gladly pay it (well, not GLADLY, but you get my point!)

***************EXAMPLES ONLY:********************
US Purchaser, 1 standalone replacement, black $50
US Purchaser, 1 drop-in replacement $45
US Purchaser, 1 standalone kit, blue case, $55

GERMAN Purchase, 1 stand alone replacement, black, $75 (yeah, I know, like I said, don't shoot me, it's the USPS.)
UK purchaser, 1 standalone replacement, black, $75. (see above)

SUPPORT & QUESTIONS:
Support will be handled at The BATES MOTEL BBS (76.14.174.25:8888)
The Bates Motel is using one of the standalone replacements 24/7 and has been for months!

post-16779-0-81049200-1463263253_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-69065000-1463263256_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-70631400-1463263258_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-78459200-1463263260_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-67587000-1463263637_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-48888900-1463263638_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-19567700-1463263645_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hello MacRorie

I'ld like two of the "drop-in replacement" version. I'm hoping more visitors of this years H.A.T.Z. or Fujiama are interested and we can share shipping costs.

Sincerely

Mathy

Mathy,

Cool. Let me know how many total and then we can do a combined shipping. I wish there was something I could do about it, but even sending it in a regular padded envelope would not change the costs one penny.

-Mac

I'm in!

US Purchaser

1 standalone replacement, black $35

1 standalone replacement, blue $35+$5

1 blue case, $? will it work with DropCheck's Super SpartaDOS pcb

Shipping $10

Blue Case $5.

I will see if it works with the SDX PCB. It should . . .

If it fits could you make 1 gray case for me as well? I have a broken original R-Time8 cartridge case.

Sure, but let me ask a question: Do you mean the SDX PCB that fits into a regular ICD SDX case? If so, then the answer is "no." I am presuming that is what you meant since you want a replacement RT8 case.

Yes, I am looking to replace an original case. So the new cases and new boards aren't swap-able with the original SDX cases or boards. :(

Sure, but let me ask a question: Do you mean the SDX PCB that fits into a regular ICD SDX case? If so, then the answer is "no." I am presuming that is what you meant since you want a replacement RT8 case.

Edited by Defender II

Yes, I am looking to replace and original case. So the new cases and new boards aren't swap-able with the original SDX cases or boards. :(

Well, no, that's not true. The "Drop-in replacement" (Cartridge type #2) will fit in an original SDX or RT8 case. However, I do not currently have any replacement cases for original boards. I have an idea for one, but it is not yet ready for prime time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

At the end of the month (June), I am going to put them on eBay. AT that point, they will be $60 & $55 (respectively), not including shipping. If you want one, please let me know now. If not, then you will have to pay eBay prices. Sorry.

As a side note, (these will NOT be going on ebay) I also have a couple JOY2PIC, TK-II and TK-XEGS all fully assembled that I am selling for parts+ a little for the labor. Let me know as well.

• Like 1

Folks,

As a side note, (these will NOT be going on ebay) I also have a couple JOY2PIC, TK-II and TK-XEGS all fully assembled that I am selling for parts+ a little for the labor. Let me know as well.

I am interested in a JOY2PIC module. Please PM paypal price and shipping cost to Zipcode 85122.

Folks,

At the end of the month (June), I am going to put them on eBay. AT that point, they will be $60 & $55 (respectively), not including shipping. If you want one, please let me know now. If not, then you will have to pay eBay prices. Sorry.

Good afternoon, MacRorie!

I had sent you a PM expressing interest in one of your standalones as well as one of the TK-II's, but neglected to include my ZIP: 48872

Thanks, in advance!

--Tim

Hello MacRorie

I asked again at the ABBUC forum. I'll meet some of those people soon, maybe I can find somebody who's interested. But my order stands. I still want what I said above.

Sincerely

Mathy

PM Sent. Also, I edited the original message to remove the "helpful" link.

I got it in the mail today

Thank you.

attachicon.gifPEyzftC.jpg

And I also found one of these on Ebay for $10.00

If I had been thinking I could have pre bought it earlier.

I have one of those. It doesn't work. In fact, trying to get it to work took out my U1MB. YMMV

Folks,

I will be away at E3 this week, so any orders after 3 pm today will have to wait until I return. After that, I will start shipping again on Saturday. On June 30, I will put them on eBay for the increased prices. Prices here will increase as well.

I am *very* close to breaking even on this, so my wife is VERY happy! ;-)

-M

Defender II, on 15 May 2016 - 6:16 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm in!

US Purchaser

1 blue case, $? will it work with DropCheck's Super SpartaDOS pcb

Shipping $10

Blue Case $5.

I will see if it works with the SDX PCB. It should . . .

OK so total is $90, correct? Do I send it to? marlin4 (at) gmail (dot) com

US Purchaser

1 blue case, $5 will it work with DropCheck's Super SpartaDOS pcb

Shipping $10

$90.00

Defender II, on 15 May 2016 - 6:16 PM, said:snapback.png

OK so total is $90, correct? Do I send it to? marlin4 (at) gmail (dot) com

US Purchaser

1 blue case, $5 will it work with DropCheck's Super SpartaDOS pcb

Shipping $10

$90.00

Defender II,

The Stand Alone Replacements are $40. A stand alone with a blue case would be $45. Lenore's SDX PCB is meant to fit inside the original SDX/RT8 case and will not fit in this one.

If you mean the $35 DROP IN replacement, I do not have cases for those. I am working on it, but not yet. Let me know.

Defender II,

The Stand Alone Replacements are $40. A stand alone with a blue case would be $45. Lenore's SDX PCB is meant to fit inside the original SDX/RT8 case and will not fit in this one.

If you mean the $35 DROP IN replacement, I do not have cases for those. I am working on it, but not yet. Let me know.

OK, so total is $135.00, correct? Which I send it to-> marlin4 (at) gmail (dot) com

US Purchaser

1 standalone replacement in black case $40

1 standalone replacement in blue case $40+$5

1 blue case extra, $5

1 DROP IN replacement, $35 (will get case later when ready for sale)

Shipping $10

$135.00

• 3 months later...

Bump. Info add.

Folks,

The Brewing Academy has some hardware for your Atari and TI 99/4a ready and waiting for you to purchase.

R-Time 8 Stand Alone Replacement: $60

R-Time 8 Drop-in replacement: $55

(requires original R-Time8 cartridge shell)

What is the R-Time8?

R-Time 8 Cartridge is an automatic realtime clock/calendar that plugs into your cartridge port. It can accept another cartridge into its built-in slot, and its battery should last three to five years. The R-Time 8 uses no cartridge memory and is decoded in memory locations $D5B8-$D5BF. R-Time 8 also supports BASIC, Pascal, AMODEM 7.2R and 1030/850 Express. While the R-Time 8 will work with any Disk Operating System for the Atari, it is most effective with SpartaDOS. It works with many other Atari DOSes.

SpartaDOS stamps the current time and date on all files as you save them, keeping track of your latest versions. A simple command displays the time and date at the top of your screen. A software real-time clock is written into SpartaDOS, but it's less accurate than the R-Time 8 and must be reset every time you turn on your computer.

The following are the result of having to make some multiple boards from the PCB fab. I will not always have these. I am basically charging for parts .

TKII PS/2 Keyboard “Piggyback” version -internal- $25

(you need to choose ONE of the following options)

a. PS/2 connectors for above $10

***OR***

b. TK-II-PB INTFC $20

Interface board makes installation MUCH easier

TK-II XEGS (PS/2 for XEGS) –external- $20

TK-II-XEGS-S (PS/2 for XEGS) –either-- $20

(external, also could be internal for XL/XE)

What is TKII?

http://ataribits.weebly.com

PIC2JOY, PIC Chip Programmer for 800/XL/XE –external- $10

Allows the Atari 800/XL/XE to program PIC chips!

FLASHROM99 KIT (Your assembly required): $35

Includes a programmed 8515

8515 will be verified for proper operation before shipping

NO RETURNS-You fry, it’s still yours!

CASE for FlashROM99 $15

(see pics)

FLASHROM99 Assembled & Tested $40

w/ case $50

What is FlashROM99?

FlashROM 99

The TI 99/4A Flash ROM Cartridge, or FlashROM 99 for short, is a cartridge for the TI 99/4A home computer that allows for running ROM cartridge images stored on an SD card.

The FlashROM 99 supports ROM-only images of up to 32K that use the write-to->60xx bank switching scheme. It will not work with programs using GROMs or CRU-based bank switching. The cartridge does not require the Peripheral Expansion Box and runs on both PAL and NTSC consoles.

TAKING PRE-ORDERS. Already at 6/25

(ETA: 30 NOV 2016) Atari 800/XL/XE Ultimate! Cart! $75

w/ case $85

What is the Ultimate Cart?

http://atari8.co.uk/the-ultimate-sd-multicart/

We also do Atari Jaguar cartridge commissions of anything in the PUBLIC DOMAIN (i.e., no longer produced by a major manufacturer) $45/cartridge

SHIPPING:

UNITED STATES

$10, for the first THREE items

INTERNATIONAL

Actual Shipping for a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, up to 3 items can be shipped for one fee. (see USPS.com) OR I will put it into a padded envelope, but it is on you if it breaks!

INSTALLATION:

If you wish an internal upgrade installed on your machine, you must pay shipping (both ways) and 1 hour of labor. I can also do U1MB installs (1-4 hours), VBXE/XL installs 2-10,000 hours*), and internal SIO2USB (1-2 hours) installs.

PM if interested. Paypal and other forms of payment accepted.

(Trades for either Atari 8 bit carts or PS3/4/Vita games I do not have)

*=I’m kidding. . . . . mostly. I have installed a NUMBER of VBXE/XLs all of them still work, but one or two of them were . . . difficult.