IGNORED

KA Aircars Preorders / Interest Check

Willard

We are happy to announce that we are currently working with B&C Computervisions to produce another run of KA Aircars.

You can find out more about KA Aircars on our website here.

We are currently finishing the first batch and it should be available in about a week.

If you would like a copy, please email betaphasegamesorders@yahoo.com

Payment is not necessary until you get an email confirming the game is ready to ship.

This run is being done in response to a few recent requests to make more copies available. Because of some uncertainty due to slow sales of the first batch, we are handling this a little differently than usual: We have pre-made a batch that will ship in about a week. If interest exceeds the quantity we produced, we will be using the pre-order list to determine how many more to produce and make additional carts.

Extras will be made, so this release model is not intended to provide a small window of availability. We’ve noticed some other cool Jaguar releases coming out soon, if you want KA Aircars but also want another game, don’t worry about passing on KA Aircars for now, it’ll still be here :P

This contents of this release will be the same as the last print of KA Aircars:

• Numbered clamshell with color insert (numbering system is intended to disclose number of sales for anyone who is interested)
  • Cartridge with color label
  • Duplicate of the original Aircars manual (the manual B&C includes with their regular version of aircars)
  • Addendum highlighting the differences between the original version and the KA Version, plus some Atari test reports.

“Jaguar Rules!”

Edited by Willard
  • Like 8

BTW: just curious about the mentioning of B&C on this. They own the rights to the game or something? I only ever see them selling the ICD version on their site though... or is it that they're providing the boards and shells, etc.?

They'll just be producing the game like last time.

I see. In that case, wonder why they don't offer it as a staple along with the other unique Jag titles? Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

Coz they don't own that version of the game I would assume. I think they started selling the ICD version because of an unpaid bill.

• Like 1

I kinda want it but would much prefer an option for a standard Cardboard Box akin to all my other Jag titles?

Is this the same sort of case Madbodies shipped in or is it purposefully for Jag Carts? (i.e. Madbodies had a foam insert 'fashioned' for Jag Cart use instead).

A clamshell wouldn't stop me buying the game but it will be a giant pain in the arse storage wise vs the storage I use to store all my regular cardboard boxes! :P

I kinda want it but would much prefer an option for a standard Cardboard Box akin to all my other Jag titles?

Is this the same sort of case Madbodies shipped in or is it purposefully for Jag Carts? (i.e. Madbodies had a foam insert 'fashioned' for Jag Cart use instead).

A clamshell wouldn't stop me buying the game but it will be a giant pain in the arse storage wise vs the storage I use to store all my regular cardboard boxes! :P

If you want a 'proper' box for the game I sell a box set that includes an overlay and now a proper manual too. I'm not sure what the b&c copy manual is like, but mine won't cost you $20! I should have the manuals by the weekend all being well.

• Like 3

@Willard

Will this run include an eeprom? I ask this because I bought a copy of this a couple years ago off BuddyBuddies via ebay since Gunstar put in a paypal payment just before I did for the last one. Thanks for the refund btw. If so, I will be in for this run. I am also looking forward to Relief Pitcher for the lynx and anything else you have up your sleeves :). I already have HotDog and been enjoying it.

Thanks

Will this run include an eeprom? I ask this because I bought a copy of this a couple years ago off BuddyBuddies via ebay since Gunstar put in a paypal payment just before I did for the last one. Thanks for the refund btw. If so, I will be in for this run. I am also looking forward to Relief Pitcher for the lynx and anything else you have up your sleeves :). I already have HotDog and been enjoying it.

Yes, it will include an eeprom save. We remember that well, because we had some with the eeprom, some without it, and had to handle a bunch of replacements. We specifically addressed that issue before beginning this batch and I will be inspecting the boards and testing them individually before shipping. Lesson learned :P

We are hoping to have the Lynx stuff available relatively soon too, as our plan for the past several months (which kept getting delayed) was to get our site completely online with our products back in stock (with a few exceptions) and a bunch of new features.

These will be distributed in the standard clamshell that was used for mad bodies and the beta preservation pack. It will have foam inside to hold the cart in place like those releases.

Gaztee sells some well made Aircars boxes (and apparently, manuals too) which I'd highly recommend if you want a box and manual of original specification as we have no current plans to produce a box ourselves.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1