IGNORED

KA Aircars Preorders / Interest Check

Willard

If you want a 'proper' box for the game I sell a box set that includes an overlay and now a proper manual too. I'm not sure what the b&c copy manual is like, but mine won't cost you $20! I should have the manuals by the weekend all being well.

Pictures?

Not feeling the clam shell case, so I'm interested in this.

Played a bunch of Aircars 94 this weekend and was surprised how close it was to ICD aircars. A very stable and complete build.

The game has its flaws but is definitely growing on me. Being able to network has it's appeal also! I wish there was a way to do a level select rather than starting from square one each time you boot up (a la Iron Soldier.)

Very much so looking forward to this run of KA!!

Played a bunch of Aircars 94 this weekend and was surprised how close it was to ICD aircars. A very stable and complete build.

The game has its flaws but is definitely growing on me. Being able to network has it's appeal also! I wish there was a way to do a level select rather than starting from square one each time you boot up (a la Iron Soldier.)

Very much so looking forward to this run of KA!!

You should be able to select your level. Once a level has been completed it should remain unlock to select from the start.

• Like 1

I wish there was a way to do a level select rather than starting from square one each time you boot up (a la Iron Soldier.)

You can level select but you need to open that level by beating it single player first on both carts. Lets say you Jaglink the game, then you can level select the last mission if you have two cartridges which you both have finished the entire game on.

​Believe you need to have the same player name for both/all linked systems to be able to link... think the manual mention that.

Is this a better /new manual than the previous one I got from you gaz? Apologies my stash of manuals lives elsewhere. Only room for carts in my house!

I've never sold an Aircars manual with a box set before. The AC94 manual is completely different to this, but I never sold them separately.

For those who don't like the clamshell case here is a picture of my updated Aircars boxset. And a few bonus pics of the reprinted manual. Boxset is £11 and manuals are £3.50 each.

Looks stunning Gaz! :lust:

Definitely interested in a KA box/manual/overlay set. i already have a CIB Aircars '94, so the next question is: do you have a set for ICD/B&C Aircars? :)

I also have Universal Game Case inserts for Air Cars ICD and 94 in this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227944-jaguar-custom-game-hard-cases/page-3?hl=%2Bcustom+%2Bjaguar+%2Bhard+%2Bcases&do=findComment&comment=3481289

For those of you who like to regularly play your games and not destroy the box.

I put my boxes in box protectors and keep the games and manuals in UGC's. Much more functional and looks great on a shelf!

Will get to work on a Aircars KA insert shortly.

Looks stunning Gaz! :lust:

Definitely interested in a KA box/manual/overlay set. i already have a CIB Aircars '94, so the next question is: do you have a set for ICD/B&C Aircars? :)

The box has pictures of all 3 versions of the game, so if you have an ICD release that came with the insert and manual, you can give it a home. If you bought a B&C copy and didn't want to pay $20 for a manual you can grab the boxset for about the same price and give the cart a nice home. And then if you don't like clamshells then you can give your KA version a home too. One box so many bases covered :D

I did the box initially for those with the original ICD release so they could house it properly in their collection. And I only just added the manual as people are still trying to sell original manuals for stupid prices on eBay. I'm not sure whether I made it clear previously but the overlay is included in this set and you can buy the manual separately. You can also choose to purchase without an insert if you don't need one.

Anyone interested please for the moment just drop me a PM here. Website should be up and running in the next dew days :thumbsup: (all things being equal)

• Like 3

I actually think the clam shell case is a neat idea. The problem is it really doesn't fit in with anyone's collection (unless your collection is comprised of 60 copies of mad-bodies.)

So i'll probably wind up putting mine in a UGC and would love a KA themed Box if you make one Gaz, or just another of your boxes that shows all three (ICD standard box). Will be in touch when this is "order ready." :)

Thanks gaz I think I need to check exactly what I do have, may well be purchasing something from you!

Hi gaztee. Ive got the b&w icd manual with addendum plus the b&w 94 manual. So it looks like i need your nice colour manual. I need to check at my mother's house in the next few days what boxes i have and then can perhaps order the box from you. In the meantime could you hold a manual aside for me please? Many thanks.

I was just looking at the original Aircars manual and noticed that it's actually a manual for the KA version (has the KA Aircars dashboard / primary target counter .etc in the diagram). Weird... I wonder if they accidentally ran a proto for the retail release or something.

Anyway, quick update: The first batch was reserved the first day this thread was posted (and orders tapered off pretty quickly the following couple days :P). But there will definitely be two different batches being made, so if you don't get an order confirmation when we post our next update here, you'll probably get an acknowledgement that you're on the second batch soon after.

Some people asked some questions, responses will be sent when we start taking orders. We have decided to slightly delay the release to improve the packaging a little (should be one more week maximum).

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2