IGNORED

Posting help section might need some updating.

Help Topic: Posting

I was trying to check what the bbcode for auctions was but the icon given on that help page for bringing bbcode info up didn't match any of the available buttons in the post editor. So I started hovering over all the buttons in the post editor until I found it.

post-210-0-22806100-1463709257_thumb.png

Edited by Rockin' Kat

It's likely Invision hasn't done a good job of maintaining the help section. We will be running a completely new version of the forum software here soon, and it was rewritten from the ground up. Because of that, I'm not going to spend a lot of time fixing things like this in the current software, so I can focus on the new forum (and store) software I'm working on. It will be pretty interesting to watch how people react! :D

..Al

It's likely Invision hasn't done a good job of maintaining the help section. We will be running a completely new version of the forum software here soon, and it was rewritten from the ground up. Because of that, I'm not going to spend a lot of time fixing things like this in the current software, so I can focus on the new forum (and store) software I'm working on. It will be pretty interesting to watch how people react! :D

..Al

well I won't be moving to Canada

I think Invision thinks the word change means "introduce bugs and make things harder to use." :D

Here are two of Invision's favorite sayings:

If it ain't broke, break it.

Why do it in one step when it can take three?

The guy in charge of their web site got drunk and put this on their main page last year:

Anger, hate, and frustration feeds our shape-shifting reptilian alien overlords from another dimension. Do you think we'd make forum software like this if powerful aliens didn't promise us riches and fresh bodies to inhabit when we die, essentially giving us eternal life? Don't you just hate us? You know you want to. Feed them! Feed them!

It was removed within 5 minutes and he was whisked away to an underground government facility where he is probably still being tortured today.

Don't believe everything you read.

..Al

Why I never, how very dare you. How very dare you indeed sir.

:-D

• 4 weeks later...

The new software is definitely better overall, but it does have many differences. But, once you've used one forum software you've effectively used them all, it's just a matter of getting accustomed to the changes.

..Al

Is it too early to respond with hate and nerd-rage at the upcoming change? Just asking...