IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Week 19 = Breakout

S.BAZ

Concerning scoring for this week: Shouldn't the players who maxed get 20 points instead of 16? In this case, you ranked wickeycolumbus #6, but points-wise it is as if only one player was better than him when in fact it was 5. In other sports competitions, when two athletes tie for gold, there ain't no silver medal for the next, but bronze.

@wickeycolumbus ans S.Baz: I'm not asking this to be an ass towards you guys, especially since you were so close to maxing the score. In fact I am rather happy to do well in a round for a change, and I wouldn't mind at all if we leave the Breakout scoring table as it is now. But it IS a question of general scoring policy that should be addressed in order to have consistent rules in the future.

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 1

Concerning scoring for this week: Shouldn't the players who maxed get 20 points instead of 16?

That makes sense as well and I think either way is fair as long as it's consistent as you said. When Jacob & I began moderating we decided since we're scoring it from the bottom up we'd count tie scores as 1 place up. I also liked the fact that this way you only score as many points as the # of players you actually beat.

If you notice we've counted a tie the other way please let us know so we can correct that for consistency!

• Like 3

I also liked the fact that this way you only score as many points as the # of players you actually beat.

Roger. Looking at it from that direction, it makes sense. At the end of the day, huge numbers of players tying on top (rollage) doesn't happen all that often anyway. Glad we cleared that up, and thanks for your hard work!

• Like 1