IGNORED

LIST OF MISSING / UNDUMPED SOFTWARE

9 hours ago, Tickled_Pink said:

So, what exactly do you need to accurately dump software for the database? From what I've seen it isn't a simple matter of just using something like an APE interface.

It depends. For original disks, you need something else if there is protection. If you have copies, just an .atr made with APE will do as, in that case, it's just a matter of "rescuing" software titles that we'll likely never find as originals.

If people just have a large collection of .atr files that they made from personal copies from back in the day, please just post them here without looking for anything special, we'll sort through the disks and see if we can find anything.

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

It depends. For original disks, you need something else if there is protection. If you have copies, just an .atr made with APE will do as, in that case, it's just a matter of "rescuing" software titles that we'll likely never find as originals.

If people just have a large collection of .atr files that they made from personal copies from back in the day, please just post them here without looking for anything special, we'll sort through the disks and see if we can find anything.

Thanks!

What about .PRO files of disks that have copy protection? Can you convert those into your preferred format?

1 hour ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Sure, they're useful as well and can be converted.

I notice you don't have a dump of PL65 on the site yet. I don't have a copy of the PRO version but I'm sure that was the first copy I uploaded onto AA a few years back. If you need it, I'll have a hunt for it. You will probably have to make changes to it, though, to make it original again. I switched out DOS2.5 for MyDOS for a project I was working on. So, the DOS2.5 SYS files will have to be put back and modified to allow 7 IOCB channels to be open at once. IIRC there was a way to do that via BASIC.

Found the thread. Apparently I'd reset this copy back to its original DOS, so no modification necessary. Here's the PRO file. See what you can do with it.

PL65Prelim.zip

Edited by Tickled_Pink

Hi - I have Superman - The Game buried in my collection on cassette, it's on the site under a different distributor and the correct link the dump is marked as "missing". 

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-superman-the-game_5191.html

IMG_2807.thumb.JPG.ddf2e53bb81882536f48f2ed17d98bf1.JPG

Do I attempt to "dump"? Or are we ok? (Not even sure if I have a cassette deck!)

8 hours ago, Tickled_Pink said:

I notice you don't have a dump of PL65 on the site yet. I don't have a copy of the PRO version but I'm sure that was the first copy I uploaded onto AA a few years back. If you need it, I'll have a hunt for it. You will probably have to make changes to it, though, to make it original again. I switched out DOS2.5 for MyDOS for a project I was working on. So, the DOS2.5 SYS files will have to be put back and modified to allow 7 IOCB channels to be open at once. IIRC there was a way to do that via BASIC.

Found the thread. Apparently I'd reset this copy back to its original DOS, so no modification necessary. Here's the PRO file. See what you can do with it.

PL65Prelim.zip

Thanks, I already picked up the program the first time you posted it, it's just that it has been in the queue for very long (that's why it doesn't appear in the list). 

8 hours ago, JayoK said:

Hi - I have Superman - The Game buried in my collection on cassette, it's on the site under a different distributor and the correct link the dump is marked as "missing". 

Do I attempt to "dump"? Or are we ok? (Not even sure if I have a cassette deck!)

Thanks but it's not needed, the game has been safely archived and is 100% verified (just not uploaded yet).

Unless you have something unbelievably rare not referenced anywhere, please rely on the list first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 12:51 AM, www.atarimania.com said:

List of missing software updated to V1.4

Two proposals for easier finding of the latest version:

- Get back to updating the first poost of this thread

- Give it a permanent home on Atarimania

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but I did not received all answers so far. My idea is, to create a txt file, else a pdf file like you have made in #137, with a worldwide standard, especially to identify each title and mix them with Farb's or the one on the Wiki. These one or two file on a server, where some have R/W rights and the rest R rights. From time to time this list must be update, the same way, Prof. Michael Current does with the Atari FAQ. We are in discussion mode still, but your list is big and great start to do so. Thank you. ?

17 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Thanks!

Would you be willing to make a .wav file of the program or maybe lend the cassette so this can be done? 

Sorry, I don't have the equipment to dump the cassette.  However, I'm currently looking to pass it on to someone who might.

21 hours ago, jmos1277 said:

Sorry, I don't have the equipment to dump the cassette.  However, I'm currently looking to pass it on to someone who might.

If you are in the US and want to mail it to me in Portland, OR, I can do it. Then send it back or whatever you prefer.

-K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have not seen a dump of this program, but if you have it just ignore it.

This post is about 'The Backup Master' by Allan Reeve.

Allan Reeve is well known in the Atari community for his Diamond Operating System Cartridge.

The following Disk Picture and PDF File are from Atarimania.

Backup Master Reeve Software.pdf

206596945_BackupMasterDisk.jpg.d56586485ab59172c6c429b13aeac2a0.jpg1447973042_BackupMasterScreen.thumb.jpg.8740a605c0f8a207e257bfb2df695861.jpg

This program is a 'Software Only' solution to backing up protected disks.

This program might be compared to 'The Miracle' by CSS' (a disk only version of the Impossible), the same company that manufactured 'The Impossible'.

I did a demo on the 'Impossible' (Here) and that is a Hardware Solution to Backups.

The Backup Master will not work on disks that check for an alt. Operating System(ex. Electronic Arts), but the disks that do work don't need any special hardware to run.

The backups have no protection and can be sector copied.

You don't have to use a Disk Drive, just use ATX files with RespeQt.

Read the PDF file before attempting to use.

Here are a couple of disks that I created with 'The Backup Master'.

Syncalc (1985)(Backup Master 2.0 Reeve).atr

Starbowl Football (1982)(Gamestar) (Backup Master 2.0 Reeve).atr

Blue Max (1983)(Synapse)(Backup Master 2.0 Reeve).atr

And here are 'The Backup Master' Program Disk Images.

Back-Up Master (Main)(Side A).atr

Back-Up Master (Data)(Side B).atr

I do not have an original disk of 'The Backup Master', so I don't know if this was cracked or not protected.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, blacka013 said:

I been cleaning out duplicates of documents I've downloaded, and came across 1050 Detective by Del Com Services.

I've no idea where this came from, and having looked on Atarimania, this is listed missing, with no docs file showing.

Thanks, we'd be very grateful if you could share whatever you have!

Edited by www.atarimania.com
  • Like 1

@abbotkinneydude:

WOW! That is great!!! We are nearly there, just these 2 are missing:

•) Success with Math - CBS Software - Decimals - Addition and Subtraction
•) Success with Math - CBS Software - Subtracting Mixed Fractions

and the collection is complete. :-)))

We have another source for: Multiplication and Division, but if you can upload them here, that would help us a lot. ?

Please find attached the archive plus the picture of the whole content of the series.

Success with Math-CBS Software-Übersicht.jpg

Success with Math -2.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1