IGNORED

New 2600 collector here ( gamma attack ? )

Bucksfan30

Question on gamma attack . How can you tell the difference in which version is what ? I just acquired a gamma attack cart . After research , I realize there's the 1 original , some reproductions , maybe some homebrew and prolly fakes out there . Can someone shed some light and what I should look for on what i have . I'm assuming a fake that worthless . Thanks in advance

Hey Rom,

No offense intended here in my comments, because your website has always been and will always be, hands down the best repository for pics & info. And your one of my favorite characters here! However, the entry you have for this game, specifically the pictures in the order & layout that you have them displayed is a confusing & disorganized mess! Could you please organize it better and clean up that mess?!

The Atari board is shown with the Apollo case & the Apollo board is shown with the Atari case, and it creates confusion as to which cartridge is which and which board goes with which cart case, etc.

I know the subject of Gamma Attack itself is a controversial & debatable one, but the layout & presentation of those pics doesn't help at all.

Hey Rom,

No offense intended here in my comments, because your website has always been and will always be, hands down the best repository for pics & info. And your one of my favorite characters here! However, the entry you have for this game, specifically the pictures in the order & layout that you have them displayed is a confusing & disorganized mess! Could you please organize it better and clean up that mess?!

The Atari board is shown with the Apollo case & the Apollo board is shown with the Atari case, and it creates confusion as to which cartridge is which and which board goes with which cart case, etc.

I know the subject of Gamma Attack itself is a controversial & debatable one, but the layout & presentation of those pics doesn't help at all.

IMO this is the best way to arrange the pics I have of this title.

Can't think of any other way to arrange it less confusing.

But be my guest and let me know a different order.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Thanks guys . I paid 20 some bucks for it . Thought it would be cool to own . When I researched I seen reproductions were autographed and this wasn't . Kinda disappointing .

twenty bucks ain't bad for the education it bought you & bringing you to our fine site. again I don't know what equipment is involved with assembling the board & printing the label. the time it took assembling

also not bad if your enjoying the gameplay.

And stay away from a seller on ebay named voltman

I think one thing Voltman is doing is making repro's of homebrew ports and selling them at starting bids of what you could get them for at the Atariage store ... I hadn't purchased anything personally from him myself but I do check the ID of the user I am buying from

twenty bucks ain't bad for the education it bought you & bringing you to our fine site. again I don't know what equipment is involved with assembling the board & printing the label. the time it took assembling

I think one thing Voltman is doing is making repro's of homebrew ports and selling them at starting bids of what you could get them for at the Atariage store ... I hadn't purchased anything personally from him myself but I do check the ID of the user I am buying from

Yeah definitely man . I'm learning a lot . I'm glad I found the forums and hopefully get more involved with all you guys . I do have a lot of questions but I'll ask randomly her and there . I just got into the collection 2 months ago . I'm already up to 145 games and 3 systems . 2600 only . Basically I'm buying and collecting for my kids some day . I'll get a game and play it once then put it away . Hopefully have a nice collection for them when I'm long and gone lol . I own a home remodeling business so I've decided to build a nice viewing cabinet for the games. I'll post pics when I have done and take orders for anyone that's interested .

• Like 1