IGNORED

NEED PRICING HELP...new here...hope I am in the right place.

versus

I recently acquired a large lot of Atari 400 / 800 and Commodore 64 items. I am admittedly a 16 bit guy so my in depth knowledge of all things Atari and C64 leaves a lot to be desired. That why I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I am trying to get an estimated value for the following games. They are all boxed (except pooyan and Jawbreaker) and in varying condition. I can upload pics if needed but I will put an overall condition rating from 1-10 beside each game which will also account for its completeness. Any help you can give me with a rough value would be awesome. Thanks!

Atari - disk -Whistler's Brother - 5

Atari - disk - The Mask of the Sun - 5

C64 - disk - Hydrax - 4

Atari 400/800/1200 - tape - Pooyan (tape only)

Atari - disk - The Serpent's Star - 4

Atari 400/800 - cart - Hangman - 3

C64 - Microsoft Multiplan - 7

C64 - disk - Puzzlepanic - 7

C64 - disk - 3 for all Moby Dick, Metro Blitz, The rat - 3

C64 - disk - 3 for all Super Black Belt Karate, Quatro, Warp Drive - 3

Atari 400/800 - disk - A.E. - 2

C64 - disk - Axis Assassin - 8

Atari 400/800 - disk - Crypt of the Dead - 9

Atari 400/800 - disk (folio style case) - Ulysses and the Golden Fleece Hi- Res Adventure #4

Atari 400/800 - tape - Jawbreaker (tape only)

C64 - disk - Murder in the Atnaltic (tons of extras inside) - 7

Atari - disk - BC's Quest for Tires - 5

Atari 400/800 - cart - Alien Garden - 9

Atari - tape - Starfire / Fire One - 8

Atari 400/800 - disk - The Sands of Egypt starring Lord Charles Buckingham III - 7

I think 'Whistler's Brother' and 'Mask of the Sun' are the most valuable of the A8 titles and should go for about $50 each if complete. I've never seen WB on eBay, and it just wasn't that popular an item when originally sold. MotS is a fun adventure and should make some collector happy.

Tape games don't sell for a ton and I can't imagine having to wait ten minutes for 'Pooyan' to load...

I seem to recall that your other disk games had limited documentation and many of them are fairly common. I wouldn't pay more than $10 each. 'Quest for Tires' is much more valuable on cartridge.

Edited by davidcalgary29

Use eBay and search for completed items

Thanks for the reply! I did research them but was unable to come up with anything that I thought was useful. I looked at the profile for the people that did buy it now listings for these and the other items they had for sale had nothing to do with video games so i did not give any real weight to their price other than that is what someone was willing to pay. As such my research on these particular games was inconclusive. If you know of any other avenues to research let me know...I have no problem digging in!

I think 'Whistler's Brother' and 'Mask of the Sun' are the most valuable of the A8 titles and should go for about $50 each if complete. I've never seen WB on eBay, and it just wasn't that popular an item when originally sold. MotS is a fun adventure and should make some collector happy.

Tape games don't sell for a ton and I can't imagine having to wait ten minutes for 'Pooyan' to load...

I seem to recall that your other disk games had limited documentation and many of them are fairly common. I wouldn't pay more than $10 each. 'Quest for Tires' is much more valuable on cartridge.

This is great information! I may leave this post up for a few more days to see if anyone wants to contribute anything else but if not this will absolutely get me pointed in the right direction. There are a few in there that the research I was able to do led me to believe they might be valuable...Ulysses, Crypt of the Dead, Murder in the Atlantic and Alien Garden in particular. Again though that's why I'm relying on you guys to help lol. Thanks again!

Alien Garden has been sold for many years through many venues, so I don't believe that it's particularly collectible. I think its '9' rating may have been true at one time (ie. the '90s, when many of these lists were first compiled), but it now comes up fairly often on eBay. I think that there must have been a warehouse find some years ago. In any case, I wouldn't rank it as a 'real' 9 such as is the case with something like Bearjam or the First Star cartridge releases.

Your other listed A8 games aren't really noteworthy releases, but you may get some interest from completists. Really, someone like Andre would give you a far better valuation of this collection.

You should also post pics of the games (complete with box and instructions where available). That should entice some interest.

Edited by davidcalgary29

Don't expect to retire on the sales of these, almost all are pretty common and if you have no way to make sure they work then they really need to go as sold as seen and price accordingly. Sadly I'm not a seller so I have no hard sure prices, I'll let others who are sellers give info..