IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

If the games play with FlashROM cart I have no need for the cartridges. I would just like to know which games don't work with FlashROM as I'll just sell the rest.

I understood, I guess it was just a poor attempt at humor on my part.

Many of us will be like you, having no need for them either, except maybe for their shells.

I started working on converting XB programs but I ran into problems. I was able to compile but I could not get anything to assemble. I was told to try something simple, a few lines and see if I can make it work and if not try it on an emulator to rule out my hardware. I do have 2 other p-boxes and other consoles I could try if I have a hardware issue. The other thing is XB can't just be converted, you have to fix all the things that are ok in XB but are not in EA. Timing loops and variable use to name a few. Once I can get something to assemble I will try a small program and use that to learn about everything that has to be changed. I wish it were an automatic process.

The compiler limitations are such that a large-scale conversion of certain existing XB games would be very time consuming.

falcon's compiler is incredible in what it can do, but it does have certain limitations. Any BASIC game can be compiled, IIRC, so try DLing a TI BASIC game from the gameshelf and compiling that. Or, as I suggested on the fb group, start small and go up from there. :)

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

Please respond. I'd like to keep any games that don't work with the FlashROM cart and sell the rest.

hope you're gonna keep us informed (especially if any of those carts are 3rd party!)

The collectors here will have a field day if everyone starts getting rid of their original carts...

• Like 1

hope you're gonna keep us informed (especially if any of those carts are 3rd party!)

The collectors here will have a field day if everyone starts getting rid of their original carts...

I'm going to put the carts I don't need along with a working TI-99/4A that I have all in one lot

See if this link works so you can see what carts are in my collection

• Like 1

I'm going to put the carts I don't need along with a working TI-99/4A that I have all in one lot

See if this link works so you can see what carts are in my collection

Darn I wish your Jungle Hunt had the box...I'd buy another copy of the cart if I could get a box with it...it's the only (released) Atarisoft box I'm missing.

Hi Static,

one question, what is more helpful for your great conversions, TIFILES, or DSK-Files ? Or both?

E/A-5 is important, if I understand right. (What about E/A-3-files ?)

thx

I have no problem converting DSK E/A-5 files, I don't remember if I did any E/A-3 and I tried converting some of the files you sent that were in TIFILES format but I get a header error when I try to convert them (even after converting them from TIFILES to DSK). I am willing to try converting anything you send me. Typically the best files to convert are single or multi part E/A-5 I have tried to convert some of the other kinds from the gameshelf site but the program calls on supporting files so things like screen backgrounds don't show up but the game does convert. Thanks again for the files!

• Like 1

:)

I found a file that's been overlooked. It's a neat little screen saver that I like to use on the TI.

I know, it's not an enhanced F18A version, but until we get one, this one works quite well. :)

Anyone want to do the conversion?

I will convert it after work, keep finding more files and I will keep converting them

• Like 2

Hi Static,

one question, what is more helpful for your great conversions, TIFILES, or DSK-Files ? Or both?

E/A-5 is important, if I understand right. (What about E/A-3-files ?)

thx

I figured (and that's a complete idiot trying to figure something) that since E/A3 files can't be loaded with a XB loader, they'd also be incompatible with the Flashrom99. Not that one has any relation to the other, but just figured E/A 3 files needed Assembler to function (for input of the program name etc), and so a simple cartridge (which for all intents and purposes the 4A thinks the Flashrom99 is) would not suffice.

But again, I'm probably just talking out of my butt.

• Like 1

Found more from schmitzi:

St. Nick: attachicon.gifST-NICK32KB8.bin

Tafara: attachicon.gifTAFARA32KB8.bin

Pac-Man: attachicon.gifPAC-MAN32KB8.bin (Another homebrew version)

Frog Haven: attachicon.gifFROGHAVEN32KB8.bin

--- Ω ---, I bet you though you were done with updates today... :grin:

I believe PacMan was already in the classic carts archive (since I know you're removing dupes)

But St Nick!! Funware's greatest game! Huge thanks!

This is saving so much wear and tear on the cartridge port...wish I would have had such an option back in the day...I used to have to slide a few pennies under cartridges to get them to work on my first TI after about a year.

of course, using such a device would have been considered piracy, and I know that no one in these forums ever participated in such dastardly deeds back then!

(where are the AtariAge l33t sigs anyway?)

• Like 1

I believe PacMan was already in the classic carts archive (since I know you're removing dupes)

But St Nick!! Funware's greatest game! Huge thanks!

This is saving so much wear and tear on the cartridge port...wish I would have had such an option back in the day...I used to have to slide a few pennies under cartridges to get them to work on my first TI after about a year.

of course, using such a device would have been considered piracy, and I know that no one in these forums ever participated in such dastardly deeds back then!

(where are the AtariAge l33t sigs anyway?)

I might be missing one, but the 2 versions of Pac Man I have are the Atari version and the home brew version I converted yesterday. I will double check and remove it if it is a dup. Thanks