IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

I got mine built this evening. Originally i thought i may have had a bad solder joint. But apparently one of my soder joints on the Micro Push Button was touching the metal housing of the SD Card Module. A little stripe of electric tape to fix that and BAM i'm in business.

This think is a very nice cartridge so far from what I can tell. Loading TIMXT from it, Cortex99 Basic, etc.. and eve Stuarts new 9.1 browser.

I did notice that once I get to the last page of the menus of the loaded programs. How can I go back to previous menus wihout resetting the machine.

• Like 1

Yes, it does need the 32k expansion. The technique using classic 99 to create the cart image creates a cartridge that when run just loads the memory back up into expansion ram, and then executes from there.

I had given this one a shot earlier, but forgot to share it! You know, this indicates another good reason to use the extended basic compiler, and put new life into those old basic programs :)

-M@

Yes you done a great add for this game, it is better reactive and playable now i think.

I also published a page for this on here

i really would like to learn to use the BASIC and XB Compiler... i just tried something but with no success :P

Okay, let's try some more. And a disk to use with Adventure :)

I'm adding Alpiner back as the disk conversion doesn't seem to be any worse off running from disk or loaded from cart. It does have issues with voice either way.

Carwars.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Chisholm.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

SCOTADAM.dsk

Alpiner.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Invaders.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Startrek.BIN (requires 32K expansion) (requires joystick in port 2)

Demon.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

• Like 10

I did notice that once I get to the last page of the menus of the loaded programs. How can I go back to previous menus wihout resetting the machine.

< back forward >

To get back to the flashrom 99 menu after running a program (if you used « Fn + » to exit) hit the cartridge's reset button while on the TI colour bar title screen.

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

Quick question: I have adventure loaded on the flashrom and the scottadams.hfe on my floppy emulator and when it asks where the database is, what should I put?

I have tried DSK1: but it does not work... It has been so long I have forgotten some of the commands.

Let's try some MBX this time :)

Bigfoot.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Honeyhunt.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Meteorbelt.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Sewermania.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Soundtrack.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Superfly.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Blasto.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

• Like 6

Dang, I would have never in a million years, thought to click on that.

Regardless, I do like the index in post #1. For some reason naming the file: "TI-99/4a FlashRom99 Tunnels of Doom Non Inverted ROM EA5 Loader.bin" never caught on.

I should look on my children's computers and see how they name things, or if they have been infected by emulating our past.

-M@

Dang, I would have never in a million years, thought to click on that.

Regardless, I do like the index in post #1. For some reason naming the file: "TI-99/4a FlashRom99 Tunnels of Doom Non Inverted ROM EA5 Loader.bin" never caught on.

I should look on my children's computers and see how they name things, or if they have been infected by emulating our past.

-M@

Yes, #1 describes the files while the attachment index doesn't tell you anything.

Oh, and long filenames are teh suck.

• Like 1

Back to short file name reality :)

Archiver 4.0g by Barry Boone and with harddrive support by Tim Tesch

I thought this might go well with TIMXT. Although it doesn't seem to understand HDX1. paths, or I don't understand it. Having never used an archiver on the TI before, I vote for the second of those.

ARC40G8.BIN

-M@

• Like 4

I thought this might go well with TIMXT. Although it doesn't seem to understand HDX1. paths, or I don't understand it. Having never used an archiver on the TI before, I vote for the second of those.

attachicon.gifARC40G8.BIN

-M@

Hes working on a hdx compatible version, not sure what the status is though..

• Like 1

Guys, i am trying the .BIN found in this thread.

Just that all ones here needed of the 32K expansion... instead somewhere i reading that some games could need +32K if originally it was needed...

for example some Atarisoft games i tested not need +32K, but it is strange that old games like TI-Invaders and Parsec instead need...

someone can explain why please ?

Edited by ti99iuc

TI games that use Grom have been converted in the past to run the Grom from RAM.

The flashrom99 cartridge only acts as ROM.

So we are making ROM images that load the game into RAM just as the EA5 version did, but allowing us to use them from the beautiful flashrom99 menu.

We should probably go back and flag all of these that require expansion ram.

One of the praised goals of the flashrom99 cart is that it can run Rom cartridge images that don't require any Grom or disk expansion with nothing more than a bare console.

So I think we should keep that clear to the users. Omega, can you annotate post #1?

I believe all of the ones I have posted require 32k men expansion for one reason or another.

If Remo is using the same technique then his posts also require 32k ram expansion.

-M@

• Like 2

attachicon.gifARC40G8.BIN

-M@

Hi,

do you have this version as DSK too ? Would be glad to have that for my other system with floppy only (no FR99)

OR, is ANY ARC4.0G-version generally including Tim´s haddrive-support ? (I have some of this 4.0G-files as DSK)

thanks

xXx

Hi,

do you have this version as DSK too ? Would be glad to have that for my other system with floppy only (no FR99)

OR, is ANY ARC4.0G-version generally including Tim´s haddrive-support ? (I have some of this 4.0G-files as DSK)

thanks

xXx

I got the disk files from here: http://ftp.whtech.com/utilities/Archivers/

-M@

• Like 1

We should probably go back and flag all of these that require expansion ram.

One of the praised goals of the flashrom99 cart is that it can run Rom cartridge images that don't require any Grom or disk expansion with nothing more than a bare console.

Yes that's a good point. Probably best to keep it clear for folks who might be expecting the straight unexpanded ROM load, especially given the nature of 'regular' usage of the FlashROM 99.

All the ones I've done are EA5 conversions, so they require the extra RAM.

Also, here's some more :)

CongoBongo.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

A-Maze-ing.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Popeye.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

TheAttack.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Qbert.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Tombstone.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Burgertime.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Microsurgeon.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Jawbreaker.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

MRCHIN.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Anyone have an EA5 version of Tombstone City? Was looking around in my files and I don't see one.

• Like 10

Here are a couple of E/A 5 files that someone might find useful and want to convert to FlashROM 99 format.

The first is by Rasmus, it's called PALEA5.

It's a great little program for F18A users who want to sharpen up their text mode screens.

The second program is called ENCRYPT, the author of which is unknown to me.

The program will encrypt or decrypt single files or entire disks.

FILES.zip

• Like 2