IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Hi Schmitzi,

Yes, only one addition, the Parallax Starfield Demo by Sometimes99er was linked. The bin works in the FR99, so why not, right?

Cool thanks. But finding the file now, I wonder wether the parac.bin runs on the FR99, as there is no "-8" in the filename,

and if it runs, wether it needs 32KB or not....

xXx

Finally assembled my flashrom99 assembled, of course it didn't work at first! Had some bad solder connections, all is good now. I was wondering if the demon.bin from post 104 is super demon attack? Or if not, can the rom of for SDA be used on the FR99? Thanks.

I just loaded it up to confirm, it only says 'Demon Attack' so i don't believe it's super.

• Like 1

I just loaded it up to confirm, it only says 'Demon Attack' so i don't believe it's super.

Thanks for checking, that is actually what I'm looking for. The cart says super demon attack, but the title screen just says demon attack.

So I think I need 32k to play this. I believe I can you the CF7+ for this? It's been so long since I used it, I don't remember the power requirements. Can any one with a cf7+ remind me?

thanks

demonattack.jpgdemonattacksc1.jpg

Thanks for checking, that is actually what I'm looking for. The cart says super demon attack, but the title screen just says demon attack.

So I think I need 32k to play this. I believe I can you the CF7+ for this? It's been so long since I used it, I don't remember the power requirements. Can any one with a cf7+ remind me?

thanks

Yes, you can play it with the CF7+ as it has 32k installed.

• Like 1

Yup Super Demon Attack is simply « Demon Attack » on the title screen (although it bears little resemblance - visually or in gameplay - to the original Demon Attack on the Atari 2600)

A CF7 power requirements (if that's what you're asking) is +5V so you need a 5V adapter. I would think that you could tap into the Speech Synths power (as is being done with the new 32k expansion) if you're adventurous.

I can confirm that the game works perfectly using a CF7, XBasic or E/A. In fact playing the disk based version has the advantage of playing the version with speech support.

I have a question about that too... I've heard it said that the speech version was never released on cartridge, but I could swear my original cartridge had speech (I remember the British accent clearly). Then again after years of playing it on emulators I may be incorrect. Was it ever released with speech on cartridge outside of the US?

With or without speech though, Demon Attack on the TI is, without a doubt, the most visually stunning (Best use of multicolor sprites in any original era TI game (if the demon critters are indeed sprites) and the "musical themes" of the various demons were catchy without being annoying)

• Like 3

Thanks. I wouldn't share anything I change since they are all from here.. Thanks for all your hard work converting these things guys! Is it pretty straight forward how to do it once the rom is loaded in the editor?

Change the name but don't make it bigger than the original

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Yup Super Demon Attack is simply « Demon Attack » on the title screen (although it bears little resemblance - visually or in gameplay - to the original Demon Attack on the Atari 2600)

A CF7 power requirements (if that's what you're asking) is +5V so you need a 5V adapter. I would think that you could tap into the Speech Synths power (as is being done with the new 32k expansion) if you're adventurous.

I can confirm that the game works perfectly using a CF7, XBasic or E/A. In fact playing the disk based version has the advantage of playing the version with speech support.

I have a question about that too... I've heard it said that the speech version was never released on cartridge, but I could swear my original cartridge had speech (I remember the British accent clearly). Then again after years of playing it on emulators I may be incorrect. Was it ever released with speech on cartridge outside of the US?

With or without speech though, Demon Attack on the TI is, without a doubt, the most visually stunning (Best use of multicolor sprites in any original era TI game (if the demon critters are indeed sprites) and the "musical themes" of the various demons were catchy without being annoying)

very interesting, thank you

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

TI-Lander by Vorticon, it's small, has the classic era minimalist graphics but is fun as heck to play... even if I've been known to pull my hair out on occasion when I bugger a landing! Anyway I'm amazed it's not been converted into FR99 format. What's up with that?

Neither of the methods for this that I know work. The classic99 method provides hints that c99 applications somehow require the true E/A cartridge at runtime. I ran a permutation of the options... no luck. Then I fetched the latest version of Fred's ModuleCreater ( in case I hadn't already ) and the end result from that also didn't run.

-M@

• Like 2

Neither of the methods for this that I know work. The classic99 method provides hints that c99 applications somehow require the true E/A cartridge at runtime. I ran a permutation of the options... no luck. Then I fetched the latest version of Fred's ModuleCreater ( in case I hadn't already ) and the end result from that also didn't run.

Manually load the E/A utilities as part of the copy into low memory (>2000 to >2700) and hack the game startup to skip over the jump into the E/A cart, and the rest will work.

• Like 4

Manually load the E/A utilities as part of the copy into low memory (>2000 to >2700) and hack the game startup to skip over the jump into the E/A cart, and the rest will work.

Ok, I don't know what it means to Manually load the E/A utilities, and I'm too lazy right now to look in my E/A manual. But I noticed the game loads from Fred's DM2K just fine, so I just included the 2000 to 2FFF address range in the capture. It also required loading the character set, since the game uses lowercase letters. And I always just use the reset vdp registers option too..

TILANDER_8.BIN - Requires 32k Expansion Ram

Enjoy!

-M@

S and D for left and right, semi-colon ( ;) for up, or joystick for all that... game even uses speech!

I'll note, I tried the classic99 option to load the e/a utilities, but that didn't work.

• Like 6

jedimatt42, on 07 Jan 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Ok, I don't know what it means to Manually load the E/A utilities, and I'm too lazy right now to look in my E/A manual.

I just included the 2000 to 2FFF address range in the capture.

That's what it means. I even gave you the address range to save (>2000 to >2700 is all you needed.)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In << Message #11 >> of a different thread, there are some Rasmus games that will be quite nice to have in the FinalGROM 99 when it comes out, those being the 64K sized Titanium, TI -Scramble, Road Hunter and Sabre Wulf. Now I've noticed there are some 32K sized games by Rasmus that have NOT been converted to FR99 format yet. Is there a reason, other than size, why Flappy Bird, Jet Set Willy and the Sports Game have not been converted to FR99 format yet?