IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Automatically create an RPK from the FR99 dump file:

<pcb type="paged377">

That script won't work for programs that use addresses with non-zero upper bits to switch banks, e.g. Pac-Man. You need to repeat the image until it is 512K in size (or whatever the max size for the 37x used is).

There's a Python script that does this in the FlashROM GitHub: https://github.com/endlos99/flashrom99/blob/master/lib/mklcart.py :

> mklcart.py something.bin

yields something.rpk.

I have for the most part run out of files to convert.

Mad Marvin's Great escape:

C99 Games:

Note, Mad Marvin's is still being sold by the developer, so you might not want to put a dump of it up here without his permission. . .

Yes, i agree with Ksarul, i just hope that the .BIN shared is the DEMO version, otherwise static1701 you should remove that .BIN, it is still a commercial game please.

That script won't work for programs that use addresses with non-zero upper bits to switch banks, e.g. Pac-Man. You need to repeat the image until it is 512K in size (or whatever the max size for the 37x used is).

OK, thanks, it was just a 10 min job, and I only read about the 377 type. The script can easily be fixed (by appending the file repeatedly to a temporary file until there are 512 KiB and adding the temp file to the RPK), but if there is already a Python script, let's leave that up to it.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Where do these games come from? Apart from those that originate from real cartridges there are some that seem to come from somewhere else. For instance, I had a look at "ET at Land", but never saw that as a cartridge, although there is a "Texas Instruments" title screen. Disk software? Unreleased cartridges? Prototypes?

Edited by mizapf

I forgot to ask: Where do these games come from?

I have no idea! :) AFAIK, that ET game is indeed a prototype, as are some others. Ksarul would know, or schmitzi could look it up in his lists. :)

But most are conversions from disk games (EA5), or GROM conversions, the latter being totally bewildering to me -- I didn't even know you could that, and automatically to boot! :o

Many games I've never heard of. I'm really looking forward to a free, rainy day that allows me to try out every single game in this thread!

• Like 1

In the case of cartridges you've never seen in the original form, the majority of them originally floated around as files harvested from the various TI cartridge simulators/emulators. I have a lot of files originally used in the GSIM (also known as the silver pizza box) which was the TI equivalent to a GRAM Kracker, and I also have a pair of CEC9914 GROM Emulators (scroll down on the Hexbus page in the link to see what one looks like), which came pre-loaded with a number of titles and were usually used to demonstrate new titles with a minimum of fuss. There were a lot of programs found in these files/ROMs that weren't ever released. I believe Charles Good introduced a lot of them to the world at one of the Lima Faires, others were released by TI as part of their User's Group Care package in 1984 (Lasso, Crossfire, Super Bugger, and some updates to Multiplan), and others were discovered/released from other sources (sometimes in the form of Prototype cartridges).

I recently received several disks of GSIM files from the first part of 1984 that I still have to go through and test to see if they are good (and whether not the files are true GSIM files or later EA5 files modified to run in the GSIM environment).

• Like 3

In the case of cartridges you've never seen in the original form, the majority of them originally floated around as files harvested from the various TI cartridge simulators/emulators.

For historian's delight, we should keep good track of the programs that came on cartridge, or that were prototypes, compared to those that we now upload on the FR99. @schmitzi, you keep notes in your lists?

• Like 1

... But most are conversions from disk games (EA5), or GROM conversions, the latter being totally bewildering to me -- I didn't even know you could that, and automatically to boot! :o ...

I don't know about “automatically”, but here is the DOC file for the RyteData GPL Linker, which can take a GPL object file (and GROM dump, I presume) and create an E/A5 program from it. The first file saved is a GPL simulator that interprets the GPL-machine-code program saved after it. Then, of course, the E/A5 program can be hoisted to the FlashROM-99 just like any other E/A5 program:

linker-doc.txt

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
  • Like 3

@Static1701,

Okay... here's a "few" to get you started, if you want more, just let me know! ;)

Axel F: AXELF32KB8.bin

Explorer: EXPLORER32KB8.bin

Archiver III: ARC303G32KB8.bin

Advanced Diags - Does not convert, low memory out of range

Living tomb - Has 5 banks, only 4 allowed

Palea5 - Locks up my TI

Hfsector80 - does not have the correct header file

Send me more!!! I enjoy converting them and having more things to test.

• Like 3

Axel F: attachicon.gifAXELF32KB8.bin

Explorer: attachicon.gifEXPLORER32KB8.bin

Archiver III: attachicon.gifARC303G32KB8.bin

Advanced Diags - Does not convert, low memory out of range

Living tomb - Has 5 banks, only 4 allowed

Palea5 - Locks up my TI

Hfsector80 - does not have the correct header file

Send me more!!! I enjoy converting them and having more things to test.

Oh, I forgot to mention on PALEA5 it REQUIRES and F18A sorry.

Thanks for trying on the others! I'll try to dig up a few more. :-D

For historian's delight, we should keep good track of the programs that came on cartridge, or that were prototypes, compared to those that we now upload on the FR99. @schmitzi, you keep notes in your lists?

I can try to do that, but I need the informations about. (Not understanding all of this, but a clear info can be saved in the list, of course)

At the moment I am collecting, naming and sorting all of the files here. (My "Likes" are my indicator that I have already downloaded something) :)

--- Ω ---, on 22 Jul 2016 - 8:01 PM, said:

We are still MISSING one sorely needed program... a simple LOADER that runs the 9640 Menu System. While the FlashROM 99 cartridge is too bloody awesome to put into words, it still cannot run some major programs, and that's where the menu system comes in.

Is the flashrom cart unable to execute the menu?

Is the flashrom cart unable to execute the menu?

No, it'll load, but it requires loading up the DMII program first, then typing a bunch of stuff. It works, but it's time consuming if you plan to run multiple programs off disk while using this cartridge.

If one had a simple loader program to execute the 9640 Menu System, with the 'right character' in it's name, it could always reside in the first line of the menu for easy access.

No, it'll load, but it requires loading up the DMII program first, then typing a bunch of stuff. It works, but it's time consuming if you plan to run multiple programs off disk while using this cartridge.

If one had a simple loader program to execute the 9640 Menu System, with the 'right character' in it's name, it could always reside in the first line of the menu for easy access.

DMII? As in Disk Manager 2 cart? MENU is just an EA option 5 program. Seems to me it should be loadable from the flashrom99 cart without any helper programs.

DMII? As in Disk Manager 2 cart? MENU is just an EA option 5 program. Seems to me it should be loadable from the flashrom99 cart without any helper programs.

I know I'm having some memory issues, but I believe the 9640 Menu System saves data into itself, sort of like Remind-Me does. If that's the case, and I believe it is, that makes those programs unsuitable for conversion and saving into FlashROM 99 cartridge format, because the user would then be unable to edit the data contained inside them.

It is the demo version

Cool! A game that is definitely deserving of free advertising via our Flashrom 99's!

Easily one of my top 3 "Lunar Lander" variations (along with Neverlander and FTL's "Oids" )

Oids of course, required a much more powerful machine, but Mad Marvin gives it a run for it's money in sheer fun and replay value.