IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

I converted a game called Space Fort, tried it and it ran. Tried it again later and it does not run. Copied it over again, still nothing. changed out my 32k card, still won't work.. I don't get it. Going to try a different console next. I am going to upload it so other can try it. Please let me know if it works or if my system has an issue.

Space Fort: attachicon.gifSPACEFORT.bin (for testing, not sure it works)

Doesn't work for me either and have a perfectly working 32K system. Acts like it loads, then blanks at the light blue screen.

Thanks for testing it. I just don't get it. It worked once. It is a game like sabotage for the Apple. When it starts up, it says this version for troop something...

I don't know how it could work once and never again. Maybe something was still in memory from something else I ran that allowed it to work.

I have found what I think is an EA5 file of Sneggit if anyone can convert it to a bin file for FlashRAM99 - the file header looks like this:

00000000 00 00 1B BA A0 00 04 60 B3 10 20 20 43 4F 50 59 .......`.. COPY

00000010 52 49 47 48 54 20 31 39 38 32 20 20 4A 2E 20 52 RIGHT 1982 J. R

00000020 2E 20 56 4F 4E 20 45 48 52 20 06 A0 AF 44 C0 60 . VON EHR ...D.`

00000030 83 6E C8 21 BB 04 83 3E C8 21 BB 0A 83 3C 04 E0 .n.!...>.!...<..

It is a 28 sector PROGRAM type file. If that isn't EA5 what should I look for in the header? It is on LIMA user group disk 0886A.

If someone could give it a whirl please?sneggit.dsk

I have several other files of varying lengths, on one disk which also has a file called GPL I have SNEGGIT and SNEGGIT1,

which probably isn't EA5.

If there is something to spot in the file header to identify an EA5 file, I have a very large number of disks I can look through for other as yet unconverted modules- I am sure there are others that are wanted. regards Stephen

stephen :)

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1

I have found what I think is an EA5 file of Sneggit if anyone can convert it to a bin file for FlashRAM99 - the file header looks like this: 00000000 00 00 1B BA A0 00 04 60 B3 10 20 20 43 4F 50 59 .......`.. COPY 00000010 52 49 47 48 54 20 31 39 38 32 20 20 4A 2E 20 52 RIGHT 1982 J. R 00000020 2E 20 56 4F 4E 20 45 48 52 20 06 A0 AF 44 C0 60 . VON EHR ...D.` 00000030 83 6E C8 21 BB 04 83 3E C8 21 BB 0A 83 3C 04 E0 .n.!...>.!...<.. It is a 28 sector PROGRAM type file. If that isn't EA5 what should I look for in the header? It is on LIMA user group disk 0886A. If someone could give it a whirl how do I link to it here (sorry, newbie...) I have several other files of varying lengths, on one disk which also has a file called GPL I have SNEGGIT and SNEGGIT1, which probably isn't EA5. If there is something to spot in the file header to identify an EA5 file, I have a very large number of disks I can look through for other as yet unconverted modules- I am sure there are others that are wanted. regards Stephen

Upload anything you want to try, I am always happy to convert anything someone finds. I can try it after work...

• Like 2

I have found what I think is an EA5 file of Sneggit if anyone can convert it to a bin file for FlashRAM99 - the file header looks like this:

00000000 00 00 1B BA A0 00 04 60 B3 10 20 20 43 4F 50 59 .......`.. COPY

00000010 52 49 47 48 54 20 31 39 38 32 20 20 4A 2E 20 52 RIGHT 1982 J. R

00000020 2E 20 56 4F 4E 20 45 48 52 20 06 A0 AF 44 C0 60 . VON EHR ...D.`

00000030 83 6E C8 21 BB 04 83 3E C8 21 BB 0A 83 3C 04 E0 .n.!...>.!...<..

It is a 28 sector PROGRAM type file. If that isn't EA5 what should I look for in the header? It is on LIMA user group disk 0886A.

If someone could give it a whirl please?attachicon.gifsneggit.dsk

I have several other files of varying lengths, on one disk which also has a file called GPL I have SNEGGIT and SNEGGIT1,

which probably isn't EA5.

If there is something to spot in the file header to identify an EA5 file, I have a very large number of disks I can look through for other as yet unconverted modules- I am sure there are others that are wanted. regards Stephen

stephen :)

It indeed looks like an E/A5 program file with only one file to load, if this is the beginning of the first file. The first 6 bytes of this E/A5 program file are
0000: 0000 ; file-load flag (>0000, FALSE=no more files..>FFFF, TRUE=another file to load)
0002: 1BBA ; bytes to load from this file
0004: A000 ; start load here
The program starts at the starting load location of the first file. In this case:
A000: 0460 B310 ; program start (B @>B310)
...lee

Many thanks mantadoc, sneggit works beautifully and can be added to the list of available modules.

Are there any other modules that folks would like that I can look for? I really do have a lot of disks- knowing what to look for is the first part, finding it is the hard part!

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1

Many thanks mantadoc, sneggit works beautifully and can be added to the list of available modules.

Are there any other modules that folks would like that I can look for? I really do have a lot of disks- knowing what to look for is the first part, finding it is the hard part!

Well a little off topic, but since you have a lot of disks, you wouldn't have by chance have a copy of the OS disks for the Foundation CP/M card, in your collection, would you?

It seems unlikely but not impossible- I can't find any disks called CPM or Foundation. If you know the actual disk name or a fairly unique file name on the disk I will try again. If the disks have a none standard file system then I won't have them, sorry.

stephen

It seems unlikely but not impossible- I can't find any disks called CPM or Foundation. If you know the actual disk name or a fairly unique file name on the disk I will try again. If the disks have a none standard file system then I won't have them, sorry. stephen

Well they would not have been in TI format as CP/M uses a different format, and if you don't have a Foundation CP/M card or have not heard of it, then you probably don't. But it is always worth asking about. There are a few of us that have them, but the software seems to elude us. I have seen several sites that are building CP/M machines from scratch though, so I might be able to utilize their roms and software as I progress down that road. Back to the topic that this thread is about, since you said you had disks, it was worth a try.

There is a new game << HERE >> that might be convertible, of course since it's a new release one should probably ask the author if it's okay to post the conversion!

I have permission to convert, I tried but it did not work. It has 3 E/A-5 files and another file. I guess it needs that file.

attachicon.gifgame.zip

These are the 3 EA5 files, it doesn't need any other. The other file is an image that Classic99 and JS99er can use. ;)

I loaded them in v9t9 and they run, I am trying to figure out how to save them because when I try to convert them for FlashRom99 I get this error: program does not have a correct v9t9 file header

I loaded them in v9t9 and they run, I am trying to figure out how to save them because when I try to convert them for FlashRom99 I get this error: program does not have a correct v9t9 file header

What is the procedure you use to convert an E/A5 program to ROM?

I have an idea what might be happening, but I'm flying blind until I know what the conversion process is.

...lee

Helo djugel. Major Tom and TI Runner.

I have both of these on disk but they both seem to rely on a lot of files on the disk. However all is not lost- TI Runner started life as Star Runner and you can find starrunner.bin on whtech in Classic_Carts.zip. It runs very well.

I can't find it on this forum- I can post it if required but it is safely on whtech -

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/FlashROM99/

regards

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1