IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

I converted that Musickness program I did but something terrible happened in the conversion.
It plays a lot faster (which is great) but half the functions don't work as intended. Instead of the slide effect, it jumps to the highest supported frequency and inversely does the same.
I probably have to rewrite it, can't imagine what went wrong during the errorless process.

I converted that Musickness program I did but something terrible happened in the conversion.

It plays a lot faster (which is great) but half the functions don't work as intended. Instead of the slide effect, it jumps to the highest supported frequency and inversely does the same.

I probably have to rewrite it, can't imagine what went wrong during the errorless process.

I guess, when you post here and talk about it being faster, that you've tried to convert it using Wilhelm's XB Compiler. The compiled program is often many times faster, and then the slide effect may simply be very fast and appear to jump to the highest frequency. It's probably more than okay to rewrite, in chunks, to get a feel for speed, possibilities, limitations etc.

;)

I guess, when you post here and talk about it being faster, that you've tried to convert it using Wilhelm's XB Compiler. The compiled program is often many times faster, and then the slide effect may simply be very fast and appear to jump to the highest frequency. It's probably more than okay to rewrite, in chunks, to get a feel for speed, possibilities, limitations etc.

;)

Yes I did use that method and for this program it's great for it.

I never imagined it was soooo fast the slide jumps that far but I think you're correct. I am going to rewrite that portion as well, to "slow down" the slide.

The sucky part is testing. I have to compile and convert it all each time.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

The sucky part is testing. I have to compile and convert it all each time.

Yes. If you got a relatively fast computer, then you could try CPU Overdrive and System Maximum with Classic99 (Menu, Options, CPU Throttling). This may give a hint as to where you have to add delay loops. You could also control the speed, or parts thereof, using positive durations in CALL SOUND. The program stops when it hits the second positive duration and let the prior duration do its thing.

;)

• Like 1

So, not having whined like a needy beggar recently, thought I'd ask...

Has anyone tried to get Tutankham working as a FR99 file?

or has anyone burnt an eprom or created a dsk image that we could use to play the game on real hardware?

It requires grom space.. so no and no.. Ubergrom or other gram device is the only way to get it on real hardware.

Greg

Perhaps someone could convert these?

matt tried a few for me and got grumpy "So far, the elite, and the 99tro, and music_dls are really being a pain to convert. They are all ea/option3 with autorun symbols, so you don't get a chance to dump them to memory image. And I'm having trouble finding the entry/start address. :("

Has anyone converted the new SLIDESHOW program yet? It's a really fun program to use and gives your TI something to do when you are doing other things.

I have not even loaded it up yet, I will look at it when I get home to see if I can convert it and post it if so.

I had my eye on this, so I went ahead and merged these two great efforts into one happy marriage.

Fred's EAII, and Fred's 80 column EDIT1, this was just a simple matter of cut-n-paste in the hex editor.

attachicon.gifEAII80Edit9.bin

attachicon.gifEAII80Edit-8.bin (-M@: edited post to rename file)

Fred has updated this a couple times since, and it is now EA-IV.. See ti99-geek.nl under 'modules' He has added a debugger to the cartridge, and there is are enhancements to the editor to run directy from ROM as well as new keyboard shortcuts. All good stuff! Replace your EAII hacked editions with his vision!

eaprom_IV_NON.bin

-M@

• Like 4

Ha. It's called Protector on the FR99 menu so I assumed that was Protector I and never loaded it.

OK so it works for me fine and it runs so much better than on that website but the damn people will not let go.

I have terrible internet so it's going to take a while before I can provide a link to the video...

• Like 1