IGNORED

Lynx Multi cart ROM Problems

SainT

I'll have to take a look on my computer on Monday. Why include a ROM on a ROM set that doesn't work on anything? Lol. I may as well put an n64 GoldenEye ROM on the and say oh it's a bad ROM! At any rate, at least T-Tris works and is good! Thanks for helping look into this people

Yes, it's madness really! When testing I finally got around to deleting over 70 ROMs marked as bad with the (B1), (B2) suffixes in the filenames. There's literally no point in keeping them for the Lynx as the Lynx won't run them due to checksum / decryption problems. They don't run in the emulators either.

• Like 2

So I finally got my SD cart(Chicago customs SUCKS!) Fired it up and this happens....

Ok so far.

post-41713-0-94372700-1470597364_thumb.jpeg

Then this.....

post-41713-0-39306500-1470597442_thumb.jpeg

It stays like that and does nothing

I got it to work but as you can see I have to seat it at a slight angle

post-41713-0-56732400-1470597519_thumb.jpeg

Ideas????

The only issues I have seen like this are solved by just cleaning the cart contacts. It may require some reasonably vigorous physical cleaning, though, if any superglue vapour has got onto them. Use a Brillo pad or very fine sandpaper (very very gently with sandpaper!) or something followed by good clean with solvent of some kind.

If I ever get any odd issues like this, it solves it without fail with the gold edge carts. The solder finish doesn't seem to suffer with this problem, interestingly...

But of course I always test with the same Lynx. We have heard of issues specific to a given Lynx, so that can't be ruled out. But I'd start by blaming the cart contacts. :)

So, the issue I was having was with my brothers Lynx. The Lynx contacts just need a good cleaning. He plays way more than I do. I put it in mine, works just fine and all the roms I tried work, even homebrews are good so far.

Just one tiny annoyance, I love the preview images, but when they display, I wish you could just see the image, but keep scrolling without it stopping you for a couple seconds. Kinda bugs me but I'll get over it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I only get this in 2 circumstances --

1) Dirty card edge

2) Dirty memory card connector either on the memory card itself or on the cart

Cleaning the card edge is easy enough. An age old tradition! :)

For the memory card connector I will cut some reasonably fine sand paper (like 240 grit) to the width of the memory card and shove that in the hole and pull back and forth a couple of times.

Edited by SainT

On 8/22/2016 at 10:08 PM, Level42 said:

Uuuhhhhhhh.......uhhhhhhh.......kindly ignore my previous message.

Works fine.

No.......not gonna share here what went wrong.....

Lol, no problem. The above advice is useful to anyone seeing this problem.

Oh, and dont forget to clean the actual memory card contacts too! I've had that also fix the problem.

And one more final thing.... make sure the menu.bin is on the memory card. On occasion I've put in the wrong memory card or something and wondered why the bloody thing wouldn't boot... ;)

Edited by SainT

Hey SainT.......

I'll add one more thing that should be really on top of the list of things to look for if you keep seeing "INSERT GAME":

Insert the cartridge the right way round....

But I blame you for making it possible to fit both ways !!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

I'm having some strange issues with Raiden.96dfbba4523460dacec7d64e1d26b97b.jpg

As you can see in the photo, cdcd4e49aa8c5925f81d94f1a5aaa0be.jpgit appears on the right images are getting all mixed up and it eventually crashes. Some times it fills half the screen. It doesn't always do this, but it seems to be getting worse? I've done all the usual; clean both contacts, restart, reinsert, blah blah blah. I've checked all the rom sites. Same rom. I see mine is a "CES version". Is there a different one out there?