IGNORED

Cavern Fighter for Colecovision

Tony Cruise

Cavern Fighter was one of my unreleased games for the MSX computers back in the day, the game was almost finished but never released in physical form.

This is the very first version of the Colecovision conversion, generally working, less a few features, such as sound.

Does currently require the Super Game Module, but with a bit of memory optimization of the draw buffer I may be able to make it run on a stock Colecovision.

More updates soon.

Cavern.Fighter.2016.05.30.jpg

• Like 16

Appreciating everything that you are doing for the Coleco. I'm currently going through your tutorials on how to program Coleco games, I've set up Windows 10 on Virtualbox (I'm running a Mac) so that I can run all of the compilers and tools properly, now its just a matter of getting the kids to leave me alone for more than 3 minutes at a time.

But yes, thank you very much for all you do, Electric Adventures!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Next alpha release of Cavern Fighter for the Colecovision. A few bug fixes, some more features and a bit of a colour update in a lot of places. Level of difficulty selection, skip stage cheat is enabled for this video.

post-30407-0-13870600-1468928106_thumb.gif

See my Facebook page for the video here:

https://www.facebook.com/ElectricAdventures

Currently does require the Super Game Module, but I am not giving up on trying to get it to run on a stock Colecovision just yet.

Will be published through Collectorvision later in the year.

S

• Like 11

• 2 months later...

I may still be able to optimize the memory usage for the scroll buffer, to get it to run on a stock Colecovision, otherwise game play is pretty much complete now. But still have some graphical tweaks, sound and music to finish off before it's ready to release, it's coming along though.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Finally got some time to have a go at cleaning up Cavern Fighter for Colecovision, majority of play issues sorted, graphics have been tweaked, more colour used through out.
Just needs some sound and a bit more play testing and it should be ready for release very soon.

https://www.facebook.com/ElectricAdventures/videos/796485177156206/

NB: Will require the Super Game Module.

• Like 5

:_( i was looking foward for that game being a scramble fan.

Your game looks great , did you (or do you plan) to release the MSX version? At least i could play it! :)

Yes definitely will be releasing a MSX version as well. Due to our postage black hole down here in OZ will probably be done through Repro Factory and Collectorvision may distribute in Canada/USA, we shall see as they haven't done a MSX release as yet.

• Like 1

Yes definitely will be releasing a MSX version as well. Due to our postage black hole down here in OZ will probably be done through Repro Factory and Collectorvision may distribute in Canada/USA, we shall see as they haven't done a MSX release as yet.

You may also try Matranet. http://www.matranet.net/boutique/boutique.php they already publish some game from nanochess and Bfg. Generally it is here where i buy my MSX homebrews.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...