IGNORED

Sega Rally 2: Am I Doing This Wrong?

I'm a huge fan of Sega arcade games, and I've been re-diving into the Dreamcast library after a recent re-purchase binge of all my games I've sold off over the years.

I recently picked up Sega Rally 2. I'm a huge fan of the original Sega Rally in the arcades and even on the Saturn (heck, even the butchered PC port is fair enough). I've played the PS2 remake, the PS2 2006 game, the Xbox Live games, etc etc etc. There are some that are better than others, but each "feels" like Sega Rally.

Except for this.

What in the heck is going on? Is it my controller or do I just not get the controls? I feel like my car is on ice with tons of over steer. I keep sliding into walls or oversteering my corners. Simple maneuvers make it look like I'm drunk on screen.

I've tried it with my Dreamcast wheel by Agetec and it's better, but it still feels like I'm fighting the game instead of enjoying it.

I'm not terribly well versed in this particular iteration. I looked up the old Classic Game Room review and they were gushing over it. What am I missing? Does anyone else have issue with the controls or am I just not getting something here?

Thanks.

Bitd, I played SR2 a lot, and found it too challenging. People online learned how to master it, but I recall taking their advice and improving a bit. Play with the car setups more and switch cars, see if you find something more controllable. Try the Peugeot.

Bitd, I played SR2 a lot, and found it too challenging. People online learned how to master it, but I recall taking their advice and improving a bit. Play with the car setups more and switch cars, see if you find something more controllable. Try the Peugeot.

I'll have to try different cars. I only was playing with the Celica as I love that car in general. Ugh, tuning? I'll see what I can do, haha. I hate having to fiddle with things...

I can scarcely imagine it being worse than Grid 2. Such a beautiful game! So impossibly hard to control!

I hear you on Grid. That was a mess.

This is worse. MUCH worse.