IGNORED

Ultimate SD Cart menu file

edweird13

Finally dug my 5200 out of storage. Went to use my SD cart and the SD card has became unreadable. I need the menu file for the SD card. I have emailed Steve but haven't got a reply. Anyone have a copy of the file that I could have. I am ready to play some of the new conversions. Zaxxon is calling my name.

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm interested in buying one. Did they ever update the menu software so the Trak-Ball can be used without unplugging/re-plugging? If not, has anyone rigged up a Y cable to leave the joystick and the Trak-Ball plugged into the same port?

I'm interested in buying one. Did they ever update the menu software so the Trak-Ball can be used without unplugging/re-plugging? If not, has anyone rigged up a Y cable to leave the joystick and the Trak-Ball plugged into the same port?

The trak-ball keypad allows you to scroll through the menu. 2 scrolls up, 8 scrolls down and the fire button selects.

The trak-ball keypad allows you to scroll through the menu. 2 scrolls up, 8 scrolls down and the fire button selects.

Thanks. I guess that's a doable work-around. :)

Wonder if you can spin a paddle in a certain direction to get the scrolling to go up or down… :)

Edited by Lynxpro

• 3 months later...

Thanks so much!!!!! Now time to play.....

Not me, I just got my SD cart only to find out that there are NO GAMES on it, except for Beef Drop and a couple of homebrews/XL conversions, I called Steve up and told him that I am partly developmentally disabled, mostly computer-illiterate and not tech-savvy and lived in a very isolated partly-rural area, where hardly anyone knows this kind of technology, and told him that the YouTube clip of the working cartridge (filmed back in 2010) lead me to believe that all the games were already preloaded on it, He said he will send me a new SD card with them on it, as he realized most of us were also lead to believe the game came on it, you would think that since I paid $135.00 for it that it would come fully-loaded. I thanked him for doing this and I also have downloaded some .BIN files ready to use on it when I DO get it.

Now, about Yars' Strike, the Yars' Revenge port for the 5200. I tried it (it was on a zip file but could not play it, as the SD will only read .BIN files) I need a .BIN file of it so when I do get my new SD card I can upload the collected .BIN files to it to go along with the rest.

Edited by BIGHMW

• 3 weeks later...

If you ordered the cartridge from Atarimax website he tells you exactly what is included in the purchase. An SD card a a copy of Beef Drop....no other games.

All the .bin files for the 5200 games and homebrew are located right here on Atariage and are easy to download and install.

If you seen the video and go to his website he explains how and where to put the game roms.

You can click on your ZIP file and extract the .bin file for Yars Strike.

If doing downloading and installing .bin files is "too technically challenging" to you, why did you buy the cartridge after viewing the video?

How do you plan on installing new homebrew when released if you can't install a .bin file?

Go to atarimax website and read the documentation!

• Like 1

If you ordered the cartridge from Atarimax website he tells you exactly what is included in the purchase. An SD card a a copy of Beef Drop....no other games.

All the .bin files for the 5200 games and homebrew are located right here on Atariage and are easy to download and install.

If you seen the video and go to his website he explains how and where to put the game roms.

You can click on your ZIP file and extract the .bin file for Yars Strike.

If doing downloading and installing .bin files is "too technically challenging" to you, why did you buy the cartridge after viewing the video?

How do you plan on installing new homebrew when released if you can't install a .bin file?

Go to atarimax website and read the documentation!

I got the idea of uploading and downloading, I found all the files I needed and grouped tam all separately by original cartridge manufacturer along with separate files for homebrews, hacks, etc. I realized that we all knew how to download Cindy Margolis so it was more simple than I first thought, but yes please send me both the Yars' Strike file and the .bin file separately as well so I can enjoy playing the only official 5200 version of Yars' Revenge (I assume the game action is close enough to it to actually call it that :) )

I am now the proud owner of an AtariMax cartridge with almost 150+ games and growing, and I just wonder when the following will be available in .bin file (BTW, I already own the cartridge versions of all these)

Adventure II

Combat 2 Adavanced

Haunted House II 3D

Klax

Sinistar

Space Invaders Arcade Edition

Pac-Man Arcade

and finally the best one ever,

Tempest (the fully completed version not the unfinished prototype I have)

P.S.: Also my Yars' Strike was an .exe download off another page.

Edited by BIGHMW