IGNORED

Super Pro Baseball by Intelligentvision coming soon

Sorry if it was asked already, but that would be a good game to get a shell from? Does the board also fit in Activision-Shells?

Interesting. I never considered using a 3rd party shell. If it would fit, I think an Activision shell would be fun. Sacrifice a common like Pitfall or Stampede. I'll probably just use a Mattel shell. We're gonna need some labels, though :ponder:

Interesting. I never considered using a 3rd party shell. If it would fit, I think an Activision shell would be fun. Sacrifice a common like Pitfall or Stampede. I'll probably just use a Mattel shell. We're gonna need some labels, though :ponder:

Keep in mind the boxes being made for these are designed to hold the classic Mattel shell but...

Fits perfectly:

Mattel

Activision

Atarisoft

Does not fit:

Coleco

Parker Brothers

Interphase

Almost too large:

Imagic - really close and as these are handmade, it may vary a little so I wouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

I have 700 shells...just saying'. They are easy to find.

You will need early Intellivision Carts with Screws. Some are phillips and some are a special "triangle" shape - T3P screwdriver needed.

No White Labeled Games, no Carts with the two rectangular holes in the top rear.

Printing a cool label for the cart can be done on an inkjet printer...use a good double sided tape to mount.

I have 700 shells...just saying'. They are easy to find.

You will need early Intellivision Carts with Screws. Some are phillips and some are a special "triangle" shape - T3P screwdriver needed.

No White Labeled Games, no Carts with the two rectangular holes in the top rear.

Printing a cool label for the cart can be done on an inkjet printer...use a good double sided tape to mount.

Send me some of those. ;-)

That looks so cool and well professional. I would want a box and a label as well :-D

That is a credit to Dave. He has released many CIB games in the past and knew what the look needed. I had one version that was laid out like Intelligentvision boxes before, like Ms. Pac Man or Yogi's Frustration for example, but he made the call have this mimic the old Super Pro style but brand it with Intelligentvision. He then suggested some spacing/sizing changes and color swaps to clean it up. That's why it looks as professional as it does. I may be decent with Photoshop but he has the experience of doing complete in box games going back a decade. Two sets of eyes are better than one.

• Like 4

That is a credit to Dave. He has released many CIB games in the past and knew what the look needed. I had one version that was laid out like Intelligentvision boxes before, like Ms. Pac Man or Yogi's Frustration for example, but he made the call have this mimic the old Super Pro style but brand it with Intelligentvision. He then suggested some spacing/sizing changes and color swaps to clean it up. That's why it looks as professional as it does. I may be decent with Photoshop but he has the experience of doing complete in box games going back a decade. Two sets of eyes are better than one.

Yes, i agree. 2 eyes are better than one. Thanks to you both for putting out very nice and professional boxes. We all apperciate it

I hope the computer's AI is better in this one. I have seen many balls hit to or past the pitcher and the pitcher does nothing, the catcher has to get it.

Hhmmm...maybe I need to revist how the game plays. I spent a little time making some updates but the game may still not be ready for release. I will spend more time on making it perfect.

• Like 6

Yea it's weird...most times the players get the ball right away, but once in a while they just sit there and let someone else get it. Does the degree of difficulty influence that? I can understand being slow to get the ball, which I have also seen, but to act like it's not even there???

Hhmmm...maybe I need to revist how the game plays. I spent a little time making some updates but the game may still not be ready for release. I will spend more time on making it perfect.

Maybe look into hits to right field too. It seems to me that the batter shouldn't get thrown out at first so often when the ball is hit to right field.

But the throwing speed from the right fielder to first base could be modified!

As a slow running left handed hitting person myself.... I have to admit to getting thrown out at first base in a high school game :(

But it was because the ball was hit so hard! At least that is how I remember it ;)

• Like 1