IGNORED

Anyone know what this is?

At least the tape version of Leaderboard required you to have one button - play, forward or reverse - still pushed after the game was loaded. I suppose the dongle plays the same purpose, but for disk users who don't have a tape recorder connected.

At least the tape version of Leaderboard required you to have one button - play, forward or reverse - still pushed after the game was loaded. I suppose the dongle plays the same purpose, but for disk users who don't have a tape recorder connected.

Yeah I had the disk version. The plastic on mine was white instead of red. I would think 10th Frame would have used the same device.

I remember this kind of Dongle on some Game for the C64.. The SX-64 doesn't have the Cassette Port, so there is no way to plug it in..

The game worked on the SX-64, as is...

MarkO

Edited by MarkO

There is probably a way to check. Peek the memory location. Certain value = casette port is present, check for security key. Different value = no cas port, assume this is SX, run without security check to avoid pissing off players.

The C64 kernel for SX is slightly different than other 64 models to account for absent cassette port and to have white default background rather than blue for easier contrast on the small 5" CRT.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

looks to me as if someone placed the 'terminal for lack of a better name i can think of' into test mode with the resistor. if this were a mot bag and they were pins 9 and 21? (don't remember) well it would place the unit into test mode in order to manually debug features not available to a user without the knowledge . i miss the old guy from texas that used to sell eprom burners handmade and would send you a copy of something from two dogs.... Now people look at you weird when you pick up a roll of ribbon cable. i love the classic look of so many of the machines that we had to hand hack to perform duties that are software defined now. Somewhere in Philadelphia, and if i knew i would post it, but i am trying to find it, is an oldd building with an entire floor full of commodore and vic 20's that a janitor saved from one of th schools, but last i heard, my friends had moved away and i can not get in touch to find out if they are still there. my guess is that they are because it was in a bad section and i doubt the building was ever developed into anything but a music studio and living area on the top floor. i will find out whether this paradise still exists because it truly would be a remarkable find. i remember 10 years ago giving the guy 10 dollars for four monitors to use with a security system. i may just be dreaming , but if....

a little off topic but, i've stayed in touch with black lawless from W.A.S.P. and he is with nikki sixxx and there is a sort of revival that has been tossed about like a grou.... from the old days. like i said a, little off topic, love the BLS logo also. i just was looking through my box of atari games and placing the games back in their boxes carefully while listening to Heaven and Hell from Sabbath. i should be writing code but i have a few moe hours before daylight..

• 1 month later...