IGNORED

Selling my spare Incognito soon...

Muzz73

Just a heads up to all.

I believe it's from the first production run and needs to be assembled. I believe it needs the PBI connector as well. I bought it from another user on this forum who was kind enough to accommodate me, then Candle responded to me and sold me one from the third (last) run. I had originally bought an extra one for a friend, but he doesn't seem to be interested in it anymore. :-o

I am not going to put this on eBay and watch people fight over it; I just want to sell it for the $150.00 USD (plus shipping) that I paid for it and I want it to go to someone who will use/enjoy it. I can even throw in the brand new 3GB Hitachi PATA CF micro drive that I had set aside for it, if the buyer would like it.

So... how to determine to whom it will go? Simple. I will be posting the sale in the Marketplace on Saturday night (06/11/16). Post a PUBLIC reply to the Marketplace posting, expressing interest. I will wait two weeks (until 06/25/16), post a list in random order, each user name with a number assigned to it. One roll of the dice and we have a winner.

I know this sounds overly complicated, but I want to be fair and honest about the entire process. I would like to keep everything public and no secrets, so offers sent via private message will not be accepted.

Everyone cool with that? If not, please post. I will be open to suggestions until this Saturday night.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Instead of rolling dice why not use Atari BASIC to generate a random number.

Number the requests, starting with 0 for the first.

The following wil give a result between 0 & 9, just change the value of R in line 20 to increase the range(needs to be 1 larger than maximum desired)

10 X=RND(0)

20 R=10

30 WINNER=INT(X*R)

40 ? WINNER

• Like 1

Some things are better if done by hand. I will always prefer a lottery drawing done with ping-pong balls and an air machine too a number "randomly" generated by a computer.

I don't know which connector it is, to be honest. The person who sold it to me said that there was a connector of some sort that it didn't come with that plugs into the board (top?). That's all I know about it.

Neither of my Incognitos are installed, so I will put them side by side and see if there's a difference.

I'll try to post some pics with the Marketplace posting.

Edited by Muzz73

Some things are better if done by hand. I will always prefer a lottery drawing done with ping-pong balls and an air machine too a number "randomly" generated by a computer.

With most BASIC randomly generated numbers aren't really random, Atari BASIC will generate numbers that are truly random unless special steps are taken.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v7n11/randomatari.html

Run the program I posted with an additional line looping back to the start(press BREAK to stop), you should find that while sometimes numbers do repeat there are no repeatable sequences. Then RUN again, the new sequences should be different.

I don't know which connector it is, to be honest. The person who sold it to me said that there was a connector of some sort that it didn't come with that plugs into the board (top?). That's all I know about it.

Neither of my Incognitos are installed, so I will put them side by side and see if there's a difference.

I'll try to post some pics with the Marketplace posting.

So this one your selling is ver1 of 3.. is there bugs or issues or things we can or cannot do vs version 3?

I am very interested. I have my Atari800 which is my favorite atari.. and would love to use it if given the chance.

James

So this one your selling is ver1 of 3.. is there bugs or issues or things we can or cannot do vs version 3?

I am very interested. I have my Atari800 which is my favorite atari.. and would love to use it if given the chance.

James

I honestly don't know. I have two Incognitos, neither one has been installed and I have never used one before. I am a fool when it comes to soldering, so a friend of mine was supposed to do it for me. It never happened, so I am parting with one of them. That's about all I can say about it, aside from what I have already posted.

I'll make the post tomorrow night and will try to include a picture.

With most BASIC randomly generated numbers aren't really random, Atari BASIC will generate numbers that are truly random unless special steps are taken.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v7n11/randomatari.html

Run the program I posted with an additional line looping back to the start(press BREAK to stop), you should find that while sometimes numbers do repeat there are no repeatable sequences. Then RUN again, the new sequences should be different.

Waaaaay off topic, but I did my Master's work on random numbers.......

POKEY uses a linear feedback shift register, it is not random, and is completely predictable. (I was entertained by the linked article that said Atari random numbers are "Too random...."),

OK, back to our regularly scheduled topic... :D

• Like 1