IGNORED

NES Zapper-Inspired Real Handgun Lands Manufacturer in Hot Water

Whatever.

So tired of this "a paper clip dropped and offended me, now I must complain to the world" bullshit. It's a toy that people 30 and older will know, will be locked up like any other gun, and frankly... looks NOTHING like a freakin Zapper.

And pretending like this will "squeak by" as people will think it's an innocent toy, is absurd. You can't even carry a toy gun or super soaker without causing a massive amount of attention to yourself these days. As if anyone would just "ignore it" thinking it's a toy.

People need to stop clutching their pearls and live a little. I hate this online community in the media that's only getting worse where everyone has to be up each other's ass and judging them for every little move they make. This wasn't massed produced. It's not, and was never going to be, sold to the public. It was a custom job for ONE guy who's friends with the shop owner. And the guy it's going to has NO kids, and is a responsible gun owner.

That's it. It's a custom item, like anything else, and perfectly legal. Hot water? Not in the least. Let's move on and forget about this and worry about our own damn lives.

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 6

This thing is so stupid. Imagine how many dorks would be shooting themselves. Totally what was meant by the 2nd amendment. GG

Zero dorks would be shooting themselves. For one it is a one-off custom job. As far as dorks shooting themselves, even when using the Zapper you point the barrel at what you want to shoot, not at yourself. I personally think this is stupid. I cannot stand Glocks. Give me a Smith & Wesson or a Taurus.

This thing is so stupid. Imagine how many dorks would be shooting themselves. Totally what was meant by the 2nd amendment. GG

So only black colored guns don't make the owner act like an idiot? When it's spray painted grey, all of a sudden people would play laser tag in the streets? Please tell me you're kidding me...

• Like 3

It's a cool looking custom handgun for an adult who is clearly a big NES fan, nothing to get up in arms about. Personally I think it's pretty neat and a lot more attractive than the majority of speed shooting competition pistols out there, most of which look like something out of science fiction. Strayer Voigt makes some classy custom offerings as well.

• Like 2

Old news but here's my spin on it. I would have rather they drilled out the barrel of a revolver, not a Glok, something more like a 38 Special which is reminiscent of the Famicom Revolver, and installed the zapper electronics inside somehow. Permanently convert a conventional weapon into a functional light gun so I can go shoot 8-bit ducks with it. Also take another weapon taken off the streets in the process. I would pay good money for something like that. Not this.

• Like 1

So only black colored guns don't make the owner act like an idiot? When it's spray painted grey, all of a sudden people would play laser tag in the streets? Please tell me you're kidding me...

I'm saying the owner of this would most likely be an idiot, and have a higher chance of shooting himself while he plays with it.

Let's say someone does shoot themselves with this. Seems like a problem that solves itself.

Anyway, snowflakes gonna flake. Nothing to see here folks, just the usual insanity.

This is what I have next to the bed. Of course it has the 19 round clip in it at all times unless I'm doing some conceal carry.

GXDM9389_CBHC.gif

Guns with more than ten rounds should be banned. If you haven't killed or disabled the assailant by the tenth bullet, well you're a horrible shot! :ponder:

= = = = = = = = = =

On a more serious note, semi- or fully automatic assault rifles have no legal civilian use. You don't need a military style weapon for self defense, hunting, or practicing marksmanship.

50 innocent people died two days ago because such an assault weapon found it's way into the hands of an radicalized idiot.

Not trying to pick on thadsilverfox since I quoted his post, but tighter regulations are needed. United states ranks number one for gun violence in first world countries. If people needed to take a mandatory gun safety class to own, use, or carry a weapon, much as you have to pass a test to drive a motor vehicle, a lot fewer guns would be in the hands of dumbasses. Just like there are different classes of drivers licenses permitting the type of vehicle and capacity to operate, there could be different classes of gun licenses for different classes of firearms or carry permits.

Guns with more than ten rounds should be banned. If you haven't killed or disabled the assailant by the tenth bullet, well you're a horrible shot! :ponder:

= = = = = = = = = =

On a more serious note, semi- or fully automatic assault rifles have no legal civilian use. You don't need a military style weapon for self defense, hunting, or practicing marksmanship.

50 innocent people died two days ago because such an assault weapon found it's way into the hands of an radicalized idiot.

Not trying to pick on thadsilverfox since I quoted his post, but tighter regulations are needed. United states ranks number one for gun violence in first world countries. If people needed to take a mandatory gun safety class to own, use, or carry a weapon, much as you have to pass a test to drive a motor vehicle, a lot fewer guns would be in the hands of dumbasses. Just like there are different classes of drivers licenses permitting the type of vehicle and capacity to operate, there could be different classes of gun licenses for different classes of firearms or carry permits.

Driving cars is not a right protected by the Constitution, owning a firearm is. As far as magazine limits, you could have more than one attacker requiring more than 10 rounds. Some people are still dangerous even with multiple bullets in their bodies. Real life is not always one shot, one kill. Me personally, I carry a .40 Taurus that holds 7 rounds (6+1). I am pretty confident I would never need more than that, but it does not mean that it couldn't be a possibility.

As far as Orlando, it is a tragedy. But that is no reason to infringe upon the rights of law abiding citizens. I have plenty of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds and the government should not be allowed to steal my property to make other people feel better.

I disagree despite earning marksmanship more times then I can count on multiple weapons during my 20 year military career. I keep that many rounds in my magazine for the simple fact that you can have multiple assailants leading to a firefight.

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/04/because-homeowners-only-need-seven-rounds-to-defend-the-lives-of-their-families-right-new-york/

Edited by thadsilverfox