IGNORED

Sea Battle "sonar ping" sound byte

A few months ago I recorded the single sonar ping from Sea Battle to use on my phone. It works great for text notifications or any app you want a quick, recognizable sound for that's also nostalgic in our special Inty way.

It was recorded direct from my 1992 RCA TV speaker and edited for quality to use on a smartphone/iphone.

I hope you enjoy.

JR

Sea Battle 1 ping.wav

• Like 8

I bet @nurmix has tons of great stuff. But there may be copyright or IP issues with generally releasing them. :(

Back at CGE in 2014 I asked Mr. Robinson about ringtones. He mentioned they tried that once and it didn't take off, so it was abandoned. I didn't dig to find out when that had been done. I use the SNAFU music from the Intellivision in Hi-Fi CD, which you can still get here. It's a fun listen.

I recorded the Sea Battle ping as I'm a diver and thought it would be really cool to have as a custom sound. I've had a ton of people asking me what it is... it's funny to see the expression when I tell them it's from an Intellivision.

I don't know what other sounds I'd like to use that are as simple and quick as the ping sound... there are tons to list but how many would make a good notification sound?

• 2 weeks later...

I bet @nurmix has tons of great stuff. But there may be copyright or IP issues with generally releasing them. :(

Yeah, I do have a ton of stuff recorded. For the most part, all the Intellivision sounds and music you hear in the podcast came from one of my AV modded Intellivisions. I also send the audio through a tube pre-amp prior to recording. Unfortunately, I don't have an official answer from Keith yet about making all of that available to everyone. If that happens we'll be sure to mention it in the podcast and post about it here.

• Like 2