IGNORED

Price check on a new in box XEGS

Recently came into a new boxed atari XEGS the box isn't in the best shape but everything inside is still in it's plastic and never used. games are sealed and it is complete. Does anyone have any idea what this goes for? Was looking to place this into the marketplace but was looking for opinions on reasonable price. i really have nothing to compare it to. Thanks in advance.

If only the box is worn I would think more like $80-100 would be a fair price since everything is factory sealed and like new. I extremely doubt that you would find something in that same condition going for less than $80, unless you have a time machine.

_ Michael

It all depends on the situation. I was given an XEGS simply because it was taking up space in someone's closet. The XEGS didn't have the original box and packaging, but appeared to be in near-mint condition (no yellowing, worked flawlessly). It came with all of the accessories (software, light gun, RF modulator-whoop).

I doubt I'd own an 8-bit now if it wasn't a freebie.

Bob C

Edited by darwinmac
  • Like 1

It all depends on the situation. I was given an XEGS simply because it was taking up space in someone's closet. The XEGS didn't have the original box and packaging, but appeared to be in near-mint condition (no yellowing, worked flawlessly). It came with all of the accessories (software, light gun, RF modulator-whoop).

I doubt I'd own an 8-bit now if it wasn't a freebie.

Bob C

That's very cool, but count yourself lucky. Not very many people give away near mint condition Atari's anymore. Usually it would be something that was kept in poor environment like an old garage, and not exactly be in the best of shape.

I think what really sets the OP's system apart is that it is not just in mint or near mint condition, but that you know that it truly has never been touched since it left the factory many years ago. Factory sealed is the key word, and is what sets it apart.

-Michael

That's very cool, but count yourself lucky. Not very many people give away near mint condition Atari's anymore. Usually it would be something that was kept in poor environment like an old garage, and not exactly be in the best of shape.

I think what really sets the OP's system apart is that it is not just in mint or near mint condition, but that you know that it truly has never been touched since it left the factory many years ago. Factory sealed is the key word, and is what sets it apart.

-Michael

I admit I was lucky. I didn't take the OP's system to be factory sealed. I thought the plastic was simply around the items, not that the plastic hadn't been broken. I can see why that'd be more valuable. I readily admit that I'm not a collector. I'm just interested in a system that I didn't own back in the day.

Bob C