MOST of the time, this IS a community!

Rev

I happened upon a few GameCube games last week :D

Mario Kart Double Dash

Mario Party 5

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Smash Bros Melee

All four for $10!

I also picked up a factory sealed copy of the Force Awakens on DVD from Goodwill for $4

Lets link 4 Gamecubes together and play with 8 people Mario Kart. :)

• Like 1

Excellent deals! I have a GameCube but it just came with Mario Golf. When I was at VRGE my son and I were looking for GC games as we thought we should start building up fun to play games for that system but I was a bit shocked at how expensive seemingly every title was. That said, I did find a totally new Inty variation that I'd never seen before...happy days.

GameCube pricing is pretty high, IMO. I never played it back in the day and only buy cheap games now. I maybe own 25? Couldn't pass these up, though.

I still need to check for those variants ;-)

Without this community, I would have very little motivation to create on my own stuff for the Intellivision.

I have seen great games and ideas put out by really skilled people. I loved the system as a kid, but would not enjoy it as much today if there wasn't any new fun happening around it.

• Like 2

OK ... my positive story for the day:

I buy at garage sales to sell on eBay. My wife and I have fun doing it together and we make some extra cash at the same time.

Recently, I bought a box of old toys etc recently for $10 from someone and found an old Daisy BB Gun. Threw it on Craigslist (eBay won't let me sell it) and someone offered to trade for it. I ended up trading it for a modded xBox that plays SNES, genesis and N64 games.

So, I have a great emulation xBox for $10 (actually for free, cause I've already sold some of the other toys for $30 and have more to sell!)

Thanks, Rev, for the positive vibes!

Years ago, when I was first getting to know Cmart, out of the blue he bought and sent me a sealed Intellivision Computer Module (brown UK edition). Still have it! Im sure it wasnt cheap!

Very disappointed now, he never bought me one... :(

Oh wait, but I got a nice Inty with games from rev, so yeah, I guess this IS a very nice community! :D

As I already stated, I apologized to David in my thread and by PM. I respect him very much, but I do not respect TPTB for doing something that shouldn't have been done. Do you know how much of a pain it is to follow David's thread by logging out, reading it as a guest, logging back in, and then responding to David's thread by posting in a (different) thread of my own? Or by PM'ing David directly with all of my comments, to make sure that he sees them? David is a classy guy... TPTB, not so much.

Do you know how much of a pain it is to moderate "people" like you?

As far as I am concerned, you can start counting your days, keep trolling people and soon you will lose all access to AA.

Do you know how much of a pain it is to moderate "people" like you?

As far as I am concerned, you can start counting your days, keep trolling people and soon you will lose all access to AA.

Why do you continue to stalk me? Do you take life in general as seriously as you do your moderating job? Dude, relax. I've said it a million times... I've never trolled anybody, so please stop stating that as fact. Life is too short for this. Cheers! :)

Why do you continue to stalk me? Do you take life in general as seriously as you do your moderating job? Dude, relax. I've said it a million times... I've never trolled anybody, so please stop stating that as fact. Life is too short for this. Cheers! :)

I stalk all trolls. You are on multiple people's ignore lists for a reason.

I've said it a million times, the sky is not blue. Doesn't make it true.

I've said it a million times, the sky is not blue. Doesn't make it true.

I guessed this was a quote, so I searched for it, but found nothing. Anyway...

Then I remembered a song I heard once on the radio 25+ years ago, that I recorded on my Walkman while it was playing. I re-recorded it onto another tape, which I titled "Good Rap Songs", which ended up having a total of 3 songs eventually. :-D

I've searched for the lyrics a number of times, and never found anything, until now... Here it is, bookmarked for me and for anyone else:

Play This Only at Night by Doug E Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew... Hey, it was the 80s ;)

Time to cure cancer, now that this mystery is solved. :)

/AtariAge rules!

• Like 2

I happened upon a few GameCube games last week :D

Mario Kart Double Dash

Mario Party 5

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Smash Bros Melee

All four for $10!

I also picked up a factory sealed copy of the Force Awakens on DVD from Goodwill for $4

Unbelievable pick up! :)

Unbelievable pick up! :)

I almost offered more. Parents (super nice) were selling them, but the kids had every modern console and didn't appreciate their older games. They were stored in the garage with some ps2 games all covered in dust. They all cleaned up well, though. I suppose I should test them.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Scalpel tricked me into getting into Intellivision and I wrote Space Raid ;) he gifted me 2 River Raid for Colecovision copies :grin:

Afterwards grips03 gifted me a whole set of loose Intellivision cartridges to get me started.

Last and not least the good Rev sent me several games (BTW I won one in a spam contest, you know, learning with help from the master) :grin:

And recently the community surprised me again with help for my wife. I'm in great debt of gratitude.

• Like 2

I do want to thank JasonlikesINTV again for the box of games he sent few years ago for spamming that thread. I really enjoy playing them.

And I do want to thank rev for being awesome and sending the Copter Command boxset.

And I want to thank Oscar and his contributers for making IntyBASIC and IntyCOLOR for the assembly-impaired person like myself to write games for the Intellivision. I did donate money toward IntyBASIC project twice and more money toward getting bunch of Colecovision games. He's a very positive person and hopes his wife get better.

• Like 2

I guessed this was a quote, so I searched for it, but found nothing. Anyway...

Then I remembered a song I heard once on the radio 25+ years ago, that I recorded on my Walkman while it was playing. I re-recorded it onto another tape, which I titled "Good Rap Songs", which ended up having a total of 3 songs eventually. :-D

I've searched for the lyrics a number of times, and never found anything, until now... Here it is, bookmarked for me and for anyone else:

Play This Only at Night by Doug E Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew... Hey, it was the 80s ;)

Time to cure cancer, now that this mystery is solved. :)

/AtariAge rules!

Used to have this record when i was younger

• Like 1

This community is pretty awesome compared to many other game forums. There's a real positive vibe about AA that keeps me coming back, but I read a lot more than I post. Too many forums are full of downers and fault-finders. I love reading the perspectives of people who've been playing games since the 70s/early 80s who've seen the industry grow. That, and this place isn't full of nintendo worshipers. Always a plus.

• Like 1

There's only three good rap songs? That's YOUR opinion! :P I happen to know plenty of them.

BTW, for all those affected by cancer, I feel ya. My dad had it and survived it, my mom's being treated for it, a family friend just died of it, and another family friend has leukemia. Now I gotta worry about myself! :roll: Stay strong my Intybros!

Edited by tacrec