IGNORED

Intellivision Baseball Games

How many baseball games were made for the Intellivision with unique box titles? I'm counting five...

Major League Baseball

Big League Baseball (a variant of Major League Baseball, after licensing expired)

World Series Major League Baseball

Super Series Big League Baseball (a variant of World Series Major League Baseball, after licensing expired)

World Championship Baseball

Was a box ever printed that just said "Baseball"? If so, that would be six unique box titles. Can this be confirmed with a photo?

So, the correct answer to my question (excluding the Sears baseball game) is six:

Baseball

Major League Baseball

Big League Baseball (a variant of Major League Baseball, after licensing expired)

World Series Major League Baseball

Super Series Big League Baseball (a variant of World Series Major League Baseball, after licensing expired)

World Championship Baseball

Not sure if you include the French Canadian bilingual box plus I'd say the Sears version with its unique artwork makes sense.

But I was inquiring just about unique box titles, not unique box artwork. So if the PAL version and the Sears version are both called "Baseball," then that's one unique title.

Edited by Eric7100

"Super Video Arcade Baseball"

"Le Baseball de la Ligue Majeure"

---------------------

Sears "Baseball" would be the Atari game.

Is there any way to get a copy of the Intellivision game with the box just titled "Baseball"? There's none on eBay Australia. I have all the other Intellivision baseball games.

They were likely sold that way everywhere outside of North America

Thats the way they came out in Australia as well as all the other sports titles. Since the American sporting affiliations were not relevant here the printing was changed.

Could it have been due to limited licensing? Edited by mr_me

Is this baseball box legit (the one simply titled "Baseball")? Does anyone here have one?

Baseball%20(2).jpg

BTW, and for those who care, to my knowledge only 1 version of the International non-English edition of "Baseball" exists (for sure with slots in the back; possibly without slots too) and has only the 2 screenshots and no text in the back.

In that edition one can find the manual in Italian (b&w, light blue), French, German, Japanese, Dutch, possibly Spanish, possibly Swedish.

No idea if an International English edition exists.

Is this pic a fake? Or is it the unseen (at least by me) International English edition?

Edited by intellivotion

BTW, and for those who care, to my knowledge only 1 version of the International non-English edition of "Baseball" exists (for sure with slots in the back; possibly without slots too) and has only the 2 screenshots and no text in the back.

In that edition one can find the manual in Italian (b&w, light blue), French, German, Japanese, Dutch, possibly Spanish, possibly Swedish.

No idea if an International English edition exists.

Is this pic a fake? Or is it the unseen (at least by me) International English edition?

I have seen the one you mentioned (with only the 2 screenshots and no text in the back). There are two for sale from Italy. But the one in the pic above (presumably the International English edition)... I would also like to know if it's real or fake.

I have seen the one you mentioned (with only the 2 screenshots and no text in the back). There are two for sale from Italy. But the one in the pic above (presumably the International English edition)... I would also like to know if it's real or fake.

Whoever designed that box mixed up screenshots from World Championship Baseball. Mattel did develop both games, but didn't release the latter.

Its almost impossible to prove something doesn't exist, but intvfunhouse is the first place to go to see if something does.

A typical case of probatio diabolica

Another clue of its inexistence: as for Checkers/Draughts, if an International English edition existed, it would be called Cricket or World Cricket League (lol)