IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Ignore that muppet complaining about the PCB thickness - it's thinner, less chance of wear to the connector.  Regards 300mA - LOL!  I will bet the supply traces leading to the cart slot will carry a lot more than 300mA, and the very fact that a TONNE of testing has been done (proving everything is OK) means nothing to some people.  Some people have nothing better to do than whine!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, waiwainl said:

I can vouch for Lotharek's quality and customer satisfaction program. 

Very much so!  Pop over to the 8-bit forum and see how many new happy customers there are due to him re-releasing the Incognito board!  Great products and great service.

• Like 2

SainT :

I've decided its just too much work handling all of this myself, so I've taken the website down for now. All orders are cancelled and I'm going to see if I can find someone interested in taking over on the hardware side. Thank-you all. :)

I just readed this on twitter Saint.

So we have to order again or do you just spend the job out?

Edited by fille1976

I second Lotharek if you want external help for manufacturing and shipping. I bought many products from him and never had any problems.

On the other hand if you want to do it for yourself, you could also consider to ask Gideon Zweijtzer for help, the creator of the 1541 Ultimate and the Ultimate 64. He was in the same situation about two years ago that he was not able to fulfill the demand, keep up his job and do new development at the same time. He managed to outsource the complete manufacturing and testing to a company in china, so that he can focus on development and the only task left for him is shipping (and occasional tests to ensure quality for sure). I think he could help you if you want to go this route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 917k said:

I have had problems with both Lotharek and a couple of his products. I would find somebody else to produce if it were me. Maybe contact Krikzz or Terra Onion, they are already in the console SD cart market.

Only thing from Lotharek I have ever had issues with was the SIDE 2 cart, but turned out to be my own dumb fault, and he was helpful in figuring out the issue.

Oh and I have ordered tons of things from him, all of fantastic build quality, VBXE, MiST, Rapidus, etc.

Edited by leech
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, TheNameOfTheGame said:

So I imagine adding an additional entity to the manufacturing process is going to raise the price quite a bit.  The question is how much?

Thats certainly not my intention, I will just be getting less per unit, but I will be doing less per unit also. The balance just needs to be right.

1 hour ago, SainT said:

Thats certainly not my intention, I will just be getting less per unit, but I will be doing less per unit also. The balance just needs to be right.

Having been one of the lucky ones the product is worth every penny.  Very solid and well put together.  If you need to increase the price another $20 or so to cover the outside party so be it - worth $100 more than the current price IMHO

• Like 1

Thank-you, that’s much appreciated! I really do try and make a solid product.

I’ve been stepping back a little and just letting my brain work the last few days. I find solutions just happen if I give it time, weirdly sometimes the less I think the quicker the solution comes.

I’ve come up with a much more sensible workflow for production which spreads the workload for everything quite evenly across everyone involved. Gives more of the initial testing to the fab, casing and 2nd pass QC to the reseller and finally latest firmware update to the end user. All of this without, I think, compromising on security in terms of cloning etc.

So easier for everyone involved (well, one more step for the end user!) and also means I can license people to make my hardware easily, requiring them to have no real technical experience to do to. Just final test and sell.

• Like 9

Take a step back, find a smother way to do things.  Spending 12-15 hours a day on a project that does not make you a ton of money really puts a lot of stress on your life, never mind family. I've been there, done that.

I very interested in one, I have not pre-ordered one YET, waiting for the main stream to drop a little, I got plenty of games to play now :)

If there is any help I can provide, feel free to send me a message, willing to help with what I can...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jaguar_fan said:

@SainT, do you plan to set up a reseller located in the EU?

Yeah, US and EU is the general plan.

I may or may not cover UK and possibly any other rest-of-world stuff not covered by others. If it doesn’t prove too much work. I’m trying my best to give myself the ability to spend my time doing useful things like new products and expanding current products (like the fabled Jag CD support).

• Like 3