IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

5 hours ago, npturton said:

Is there a list at AA for who has already ordered?

There is a waiting list you can sign up for, they haven't shipped any, and I think only Albert knows who is on the list and where - though I don't think the order matters there, we'll all likely be notified at once, but I'm not sure about that.

5 minutes ago, Hastor said:

There is a waiting list you can sign up for, they haven't shipped any, and I think only Albert knows who is on the list and where - though I don't think the order matters there, we'll all likely be notified at once, but I'm not sure about that.

That's correct, I have a rather lengthy waiting list, and the plan is to go through them in the order names were placed on the list.  It's certainly easier if I were to just notify everyone at once, but I want to be fair.  :)

..Al

• Like 2

6 hours ago, npturton said:

Is there a list at AA for who has already ordered?

1 hour ago, Hastor said:

1 hour ago, Albert said:

That's correct, I have a rather lengthy waiting list, and the plan is to go through them in the order names were placed on the list.  It's certainly easier if I were to just notify everyone at once, but I want to be fair.  :)

..Al

Al, we know that AtariAge does have a waiting list, but what npturton is getting at with his question is if this pre-order list takes into consideration the position that we were in on the pre-orders from RetroHQ so that we are not at the end of the line behind others who got on the AtariAge list after those of use who ordered previously over a year ago.

Edited by Tidus79001
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

..Al

Hi. This has been probably already answered, but this thread is too long to go through... I signed up for the preorder at retrohq on August 21st 2019. My current status there is "389 in front of you.". Should I just wait and finally my order will be processed, OR should I also sign up at AA? I only hope not no end up later than my current 389th place in the queue.

Edited by uicr0Bee

You should sign up at AA either way, it isn't a promise, just a chance to order at that time. Take whoever gets to you first, which would likely be AA given your number.

Regarding the list order from RetroHQ, it was said a while back that it wouldn't affect the order on AA as they didn't want to exchange sensitive data, and would be extra work as well to verify that everyone is ok with it. The AA list is just in the order it was received.

Again, if anything changed and I missed it or am wrong, lemme know!

Edited by Hastor

@uicr0Bee one of the European retailers may well get some that you'll be able to get a hold of.  I'm not sure if SainT is going to fulfill that RetroHQ list any further.

I think there were over 800 on the AA list at one point, at least a month or two or longer ago.  Stone Age Gamer say they are supposed to carry the JagGD though no clue when.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought this last batch was _the_ last batch SaiNT was making and selling directly. Basically if you’re going to get one at all going forward it’s going to come from a reseller like AA.  Is this correct?

Is AA sufficiently ramped up to sell these that there’s a chance of getting one before the end of the year (assuming you’re sufficiently close to the start of the list)?

3 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought this last batch was _the_ last batch SaiNT was making and selling directly. Basically if you’re going to get one at all going forward it’s going to come from a reseller like AA.  Is this correct?

I believe that is correct.

3 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

Is AA sufficiently ramped up to sell these that there’s a chance of getting one before the end of the year (assuming you’re sufficiently close to the start of the list)?

If I receive the first batch in time to ship them before the end of the year and you are sufficiently close to the start of the list, then, yes.  The unknown variables at the moment are when I'll receive the first batch and exactly how many I will receive.  That should be worked out soon.  :)

..Al

• Like 5

Just received my Jaguar GameDrive over here on the "left side of the island across the lake" in sunny-ish California (it's almost November and it does rain here sometimes). Not far from the original Atari HQ's. A quick note here to again send a *thousand* thank you to @SainT for all the hard work all these years. I have been lurking since 2016 and patiently following the development. You rock!

I'm am curious what kind of plastic is this made of? It feels very... special..?!? almost like it's made of some kind of fiber?!? Feels expensive, very dense and hefty. I'm a fan just looking at it and I have not even plugged it in! That fold out manual is a great touch as well.

Edited by KraZ
  • Like 4

On 10/27/2020 at 5:55 PM, KraZ said:

I'm am curious what kind of plastic is this made of? It feels very... special..?!? almost like it's made of some kind of fiber?!? Feels expensive, very dense and hefty. I'm a fan just looking at it and I have not even plugged it in! That fold out manual is a great touch as well.

It's selective laser sintered nylon! A type of high quality 3D printing -- it really is nice. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SainT said:

It's selective laser sintered nylon! A type of high quality 3D printing -- it really is nice. :D

Neat tech! Just had a quick look and the nylon sintering printers seem to be at least an order of magnitude more pricey than FDM printers.

They remind me of the z-corp powder deposition printers I used to have to maintain, though those used print heads that squirted out binder into the powder bed. Hopefully the sintered nylon ones are less of a pain in the ass to run. :P

1 minute ago, leech said:

Ha, I would have hoped out of anyone, you had gotten one early!  With the recent emails, are people going to get the VCS before I get a JagGD?

One of those two devices is real, in demand, and actually involves Atari....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

152 in front.  Definitely gonna be getting this from Atari Age.  Places original order on 8/19/2019 - I sure hope I don't miss out on the initial AA batch.  I can't believe the demand for these things - at times it seems like there's only a few dozen Jag users out there!

• Like 1