IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

28 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

Friggin ebay scalpers are at it again. There were 2 there yesterday so someone actually bought one on there for that price. Idk why they didn't just order from Retro Towers last week. Crazy! ?

"A fool and his money are soon parted..."

Before I make any purchase on the internet, I'll do a quick Google search to make sure the price being asked is fair. 

It's sad, but I gave up being annoyed at Jaguar scalpers several years ago; now I just try to find some meager amusement in it.

3 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

Friggin ebay scalpers are at it again. There were 2 there yesterday so someone actually bought one on there for that price. Idk why they didn't just order from Retro Towers last week. Crazy! ?

Screenshot_20211111-164812.png

Obviously @SainT is not charging enough for his talents and expertise.?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Obviously @SainT is not charging enough for his talents and expertise.?

I'm just always glad that creators are honest enough here. They could just make a couple at a time on eBay and have a bigger profit, especially once the initial rush dies down and people are anxious for more.

• Like 3

Yep, I'm in now way interested in trying to increase prices by choice. I realise these things are expensive luxuries. The way I look at it is that if I can make a good bit of profit from one cart it funds development of the next. Not everything I do will be as popular as the Jaguar (it is the cart with most demand I produce), so doing it, and taking on retailers to handle sales, has given me the time to carry on and do things like the 7800RGB and 7800GD. I'm pretty sure they won't sell nearly as well, but they're something I wanted to do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hey, so, I got mine on Wednesday... It hangs when I try to load a ROM. I've tried 2 different SD cards, one reformatted from a different flash cart.  In futzing around with it I've gotten it to load a game a few times (JCD games even), but mostly it just stalls at "loading rom" and I have to turn it off and back on again.  Also when it does load a rom, just a small one, it takes a good 30 seconds for the progress bar, which seems abnormal?  I've checked that the firmware is the current release, I haven't gone so far yet as to try re-updating it.

Anyone know if this a known thing there's a workaround for, or did I pontentially get a bad one?

Also is a 4 year old thread for the cart release the wrong place to ask?

Edited by Humanzee

Thanks.  After messing with it some more, I'm blaming it on a picky SD slot, which I can deal with; I won't pursue further unless I decide it's something more than that.

Otherwise, once it's happy with how I've inserted the SD, it's awesome, I have no complaints.  I'm so happy to be free of all the concerns and caveats of the CD drive, beyond the usual benefits a flash cart offers, plus the Jag's unique open license status... Yeah, a quirk can be an endearing thing in the long run, anyway.

• Like 1

Hanging while loading is a known incompatibility with some consoles. I have one very picky console here, in fact, but I’ve not had time to try and find out if I can fix it. It’s normally worse when the console is warm. The one I have will work for 10 minutes or so just fine, then once warmed up will start hanging while loading. Oddly once booted i think it runs fine, so I think the issue is limited to reading / writing the rom.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, in my case, I've pretty well put my console through its paces over the last couple hours, doesn't seem like warming it up causes issues.  Once the SD's happy, I can't reproduce the problem, until I remove/reinsert it. I'm calling my setup fully functional.

I'll keep SainT's comments in mind though, since the issue has only ever been loading roms, never browsing/navigating folders....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Silly question probably, but have you checked if it's not caused by accidentally using uninitialized memory (e.g. by trying to fill the RAM with different values on startup to see if it has any effect)?

The symptoms would match.

No, bss is cleared. ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leech said:

Heh, I tried the other day to load up Primal Rage on the cart and it just stuck on loading, so I ended up putting my JagCD back on to play.  All because someone was saying the sprites on the Jag version were small...

20211108_221829.jpg

Hard to have small sprites when each pixel is larger than a Lego block :)  Are you using a 100" screen?

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, leech said:

Wow.  Ha, by the artificially engorged prices for Jaguar stuff, I could probably make a few house payments if I sold my collection.

Over the last twenty years I've managed to pick up some of the rarer releases, complete with boxes and manuals.  I figure that I could sell a bunch of my less-played games for a few thousand bucks.  I've thought of doing it, but dealing with selling on eBay is such a huge hassle these days.

2 minutes ago, ls650 said:

Over the last twenty years I've managed to pick up some of the rarer releases, complete with boxes and manuals.  I figure that I could sell a bunch of my less-played games for a few thousand bucks.  I've thought of doing it, but dealing with selling on eBay is such a huge hassle these days.

I just figure I will be buried with my stuff.  Can just rig up demolition charges qround my house that trigger when my heart stops.  Then I can be buried in the rubble with the things I love!

Ha, then contract someone to pave over it so decades later someone can dig up E.T. again!

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...