IGNORED

the foot pedal project

It might work after all. I just plugged in my genesis and it works. A real controller works with virtua racing. But the ultra racer does not work. Looks like this.

https://www.amazon.com/UltraRacer-Handheld-Racing-Wheel-Playstation-Controller/dp/B00000K4E6

The buttons go left and right. But the trigger does not give gas to the car. Even if I slide the side switch. No gas. So either I have a bad ultra racer or its not compatible with the tototek. But it works on the playstation 1 I have. So its not compatible with the tototek adapter. Or its a bad tototek adapter. But nothing would work at all if it was. Not even 1 button.

So there is a good chance the wheel might work. Plus there is more buttons. So one is bound to work.

The PS1 UltraRacer controller uses NeGcon controller protocol to accomplish what it doeson the Playstation 1. A lot of PS1 steering wheels also use this protocol. This is not the same as the protocol a standard PS1/PS2 gamepad uses and that is why the UltraRacer's analog knob is not working with the Tototek adapter (which can only be used with the PS1 gamepad).

Now the Madcatz PS1 steering wheel has NeGcon mode (which is not going to work) as well as a gamepad mode (which is hopefully going to be compatible with Tototek's adapter).

We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...